Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Former Auschwitz guard charged with 300,000 counts of accessory to murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Stupid, and not because of his age or the distance in time. The original "crime" isn't worth prosecuting.
    Are you saying putting 300,000 people to death for being Jewish isn't worth prosecuting?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Are you saying putting 300,000 people to death for being Jewish isn't worth prosecuting?
      Accessory based on working there as a book keeper - earlier investigation failed to turn up any evidence the guy actually participated. Not exactly the same thing as killing someone.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Accessory based on working there as a book keeper - earlier investigation failed to turn up any evidence the guy actually participated. Not exactly the same thing as killing someone.
        I was asking Darth to clarify which "original" crime he was referring to. The book keeper's or the holocaust itself. One can never be too careful when asking for clarity
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          What do you mean by that? His particular role, or that killing millions of jews isn't worth prosecuting?
          What do you think I mean?
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            I was asking Darth to clarify which "original" crime he was referring to. The book keeper's or the holocaust itself. One can never be too careful when asking for clarity
            The bookkeeper's of course, that's the subject of this thread.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

What do you think I mean?
              I would have thought the former, but lately I am not so sure, that is why I asked. Just don't want to misunderstand.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I would have thought the former, but lately I am not so sure, that is why I asked. Just don't want to misunderstand.
                Just because he writes like a bigot doesn't mean he's okay with genocide?
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  Just because he writes like a bigot doesn't mean he's okay with genocide?
                  DE has made some posts critical of Israel. To say that he therefore favors genocide is more than a bit of a stretch, but that may be where Sparko is coming from (I hope it's not). Honestly, DE's posts on Israel are about as careful and coherent as I've ever seen him: he's like an entirely different person when he talks about Israel. It frightens me.
                  Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                    DE has made some posts critical of Israel. To say that he therefore favors genocide is more than a bit of a stretch, but that may be where Sparko is coming from (I hope it's not). Honestly, DE's posts on Israel are about as careful and coherent as I've ever seen him: he's like an entirely different person when he talks about Israel. It frightens me.
                    Well, yeah, but his post was a tad confusing. I almost thought he was okay with genocide at first too when I read his comment.
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      Well, yeah, but his post was a tad confusing. I almost thought he was okay with genocide at first too when I read his comment.
                      Yeah, that's DE being DE... on issues other than Israel-Palestine, apparently
                      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

I am also generally in the camp that says that Jews whose more annoyingly de-nationalizing traits are tamped down by living in close proximity to other Jews to whom they are solely responsible for are much less likely to do the sort of things that got Hitler riled up. Then again, national responsibility tends to bring better behavior from all people concerned (Vote Yes, Scotland.)

Israel also provides extremely instructive examples about what a leader who puts his own people's interest first looks like, at least before Putin started hogging the spotlight.

Comment

My posts were primarily critical of Israel's slavish, unthinking supporters rather than of Israel proper.
                          Last edited by Darth Executor; 09-18-2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

The bookkeeper's of course, that's the subject of this thread.
                            I knew what you meant.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Eh, I don't like Israel mostly because of their attitudes towards us. Semitic people can have their own homeland, but not any European race, kus dat's RAYCIST! Not that I support what's happening to them either.
                              Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment