Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Republicans and the End of Civilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Doubtful. She and her hubby are multi-millionaires. IIRC, among the richest in Congress. They own multiple businesses which won't use union labor and she's well known for pushing legislation that directly benefits her and her friends.
    Not to mention the bazillion exemptions she wrangled for Obamacare.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
      Reality check...How do you know a politician from either (or any for that matter) party is lying...
      Their lips are moving?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Their lips are moving?
        That's the official answer.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          Source: Nancy Pelosi via Townhall

"It would be very important for Democrats to retain control of the Senate. Civilization as we know it today would be in jeopardy if the Republicans win the Senate. It's really important."

© Copyright Original Source

Source

She's definitely overstating the consequences, but ironically, your fellow Republican seer posted this thread just a few hours earlier. And, uh...based on that and many more of his threads, let's just say that if a Republican like him ever got into power, I absolutely would fear for civilization.
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
            She's definitely overstating the consequences, but ironically, your fellow Republican seer posted this thread just a few hours earlier. And, uh...based on that and many more of his threads, let's just say that if a Republican like him ever got into power, I absolutely would fear for civilization.
            Oh, the irony. Not that seer is likely to get elected.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Oh, the irony. Not that seer is likely to get elected.
              While you're busying throwing cheap shots while of course never actually addressing any arguments, you disagree that politically empowering someone who keeps trying to defend a convicted and proven domestic abuser might be worrisome for civilization?
              Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

Comment

While you're busying throwing cheap shots while of course never actually addressing any arguments, you disagree that politically empowering someone who keeps trying to defend a convicted and proven domestic abuser might be worrisome for civilization?
                I disagree that seer is likely to become politically empowered. You're fear-mongering, just like San Fran Nan (hence the irony).

I also disagree with your characterization of seer's thread (and your *ahem* cheap shots), but that's not the topic of this one. Do try to stay on topic instead of attempting to put others on the defensive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  I disagree that seer is likely to become politically empowered.
                  As do I.

You're fear-mongering, just like San Fran Nan (hence the irony).
                  Not at all, because I'm confident that no one as extreme as seer will have a position of political power. Hence the joke "IF something as ridiculous as that ever happened, I'd be worried. But luckily it won't happen."

I also disagree with your characterization of seer's thread (and your *ahem* cheap shots), but that's not the topic of this one. Do try to stay on topic instead of attempting to put others on the defensive.
                  Sure, but I noticed that you put quite a few people on the defensive yourself.

Comment

Not at all, because I'm confident that no one as extreme as seer will have a position of political power. Hence the joke "IF something as ridiculous as that ever happened, I'd be worried. But luckily it won't happen."
                    Are you really not bright enough to understand what seer was getting at? Or are all liberals equally nuts as Pelosi?
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      Are you really not bright enough to understand what seer was getting at?
                      If I'm not, would you care to enlighten me and explain what he was getting at? Because his apparent insistence on defending Ray Rice for the sake of critiquing feminism (which he doesn't seem to understand) is quite troubling, and it would greatly ease my mind to know that he's more sane than he appeared to be in that thread.

Or are all liberals equally nuts as Pelosi?
                      Seeing as I'm not a liberal, how would I know?

Comment

Yeah civilization sure had trouble flourishing when gender equality as we know it didn't exist.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

And what kinda idiot uses seer as an example of an extremist. At least use me or Epo. 0/10 for effort.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

The prospect of you being in power doesn't trouble me at all. In fact, that'd be really amusing.

Meanwhile, the prospect of Epoetker being in power is so mind-boggling that I can't even begin to conceive of it. It's like trying to wrap your mind around the idea of actual infinities.

Comment

huh. So what do you consider yourself?

Comment

Nice backpedal.
                                Sure, but I noticed that you put quite a few people on the defensive yourself.
                                ...followed by a content-less deflection.
                                Maybe you could show me a post of yours where you're not arguing from a liberal position? I don't recall seeing any, though I admittedly have not read all your posts.

sigpic

Comment