Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Men And Women Equal? The Ray Rice Test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Men And Women Equal? The Ray Rice Test.

Let's try a test. There is a video, Ray Rice is in a heated discussion with another man as they enter an elevator. The other man slaps Rice in the face and spits on him, Ray pushes him away to the far side of the cab. But the other man aggressively comes back at Ray and Ray clocks him, and knocks him out. Would that have even been news worthy? Would Ray have been kicked out of the NFL? The answer is obvious. But wait, haven't we been told, time and time again by the Feminazis, that women are equal to men in all aspects? So why the unequal treatment for Ray?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

It's the feminist double standard. Plain and simple.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Ray gets convicted of assault. News at Eleven.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Ray gets convicted of assault. News at Eleven.
        ????
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

He was charged with aggravated assault against his fiance, seer. It seems like you just have a bone to pick with people who want men and women to be equal.

Comment

A pro ball player would almost certainly get headlines KO'ing some guy - and possibly charges, too. There is a double standard, but this is a poor case study to illustrate it.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Let's not neglect one obvious factor here: The size disparity between the two people. Rice's fiancee was obviously not much of a physical threat. Let's not pretend he was realistically performing any semblance of self defense here.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Let's not neglect one obvious factor here: The size disparity between the two people. Rice's fiancee was obviously not much of a physical threat. Let's not pretend he was realistically performing any semblance of self defense here.
                That, too.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  A pro ball player would almost certainly get headlines KO'ing some guy - and possibly charges, too. There is a double standard, but this is a poor case study to illustrate it.
                  I think I agree with both of these.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                    He was charged with aggravated assault against his fiance, seer. It seems like you just have a bone to pick with people who want men and women to be equal.
                    You can want in one hand, and spit in the other, and see which fills up first.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Say the second man in the cab was smaller? I seriously doubt that Ray would have been charged, he certainly would not have lost his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

But it is obvious that they are not equal, at least not in practice. We all know that if it was a man that attacked Ray, even a smaller one, we would even be talking about this.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          But it is obvious that they are not equal, at least not in practice. We all know that if it was a man that attacked Ray, even a smaller one, we would even be talking about this.

The thing is, most people are NOT feminazi, over-the-top whack jobs and they realize that women and men are different and that men should not beat women. That is why he is in trouble.

But any ball player or celebrity that hit even another man would be all over the news.

Remember Buzz Aldrin? and he was smaller than the guy he punched.

Comment

Say the second man in the cab was smaller? I seriously doubt that Ray would have been charged, he certainly would not have lost his job.
                            I think the key here is he knew her and it was obvious she was not a threat. How about this: What if he had punched a guy in a wheelchair?
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

If the other man had filed a complaint, he almost certainly would be charged. But, no, he most likely would not lose his job. Unless, of course, the other man was his boss.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment