Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Men And Women Equal? The Ray Rice Test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying that men should women if they lose their cool
    Sometimes the accidental advice is the best advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
      Sometimes the accidental advice is the best advice.
      That's what happens when you try to type on your phone.

My point was that people should show respect and not physically attack or deliberately try to anger someone so much that they could blow their stack. Just because you are arguing with a person it does not give you the right to behave in any manner you wish. For example, I know never to call my girl the C-word for it's very possible she might lose her temper and react in a way she normally wouldn't, and that's especially true if we are arguing and both worked up already.

I don't understand why the feminist movement does not want to talk about ways women and men could communicate better before violence occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Okay, now you've lost me. What dilemma, exactly?
        I'm thinking the OP is asking a question that is deliberately obtuse, basically.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'd figure people picking fights period is a bad idea. Other party is weaker, you are a bully. Other party is stronger, you are an idiot. Other party is the same strength and skill, either of you could end up in jail or the hospital.
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Why do I smell burning straw? Oh yes.

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            It does not matter if it was "instinctive" it does not excuse a large man assaulting a small woman.
            I have not claimed that. Run along now and stop playing with matches; you might get burnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              1) Intention is assumed from the act unless proof is offered otherwise - very basic, really.

Also, I made the claim a grand total of once and have yet to see anyone substantiate that the man in question ever claimed otherwise - if he hasn't made that defense why should I debate something that isn't factually part of the case?
              Still dodging the burden of proof, eh? You make a claim -" It wasn't an accident or a mistake - it was an intentional act", you substantiate it.

2) Oh, hardly - you've been nothing but condescending and rude and I didn't give you cause for either. Grow up already.
              Chill and learn to not take things personally. Substantiating your points might be a good idea too.
              Last edited by Paprika; 09-17-2014, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                We should have differentiated in the first place between men and women being physically different yet ontologically equal. It's a false dilemma.
                Given that humans have a physical aspect, isn't their physicality thus part of their ontology?

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                  First off, I'm not the only guy out there that has had his woman lay her hands on him - I can tell you most of the guys I know have had a woman slap them in the face before.
                  You're running with the wrong crowd, SoR.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    I'm thinking the OP is asking a question that is deliberately obtuse, basically.
                    Oh, I'm pretty sure most of us have been ignoring the OP for pretty much that reason...
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                      Still dodging the burden of proof, eh? You make a claim -" It wasn't an accident or a mistake - it was an intentional act", you substantiate it.

Chill and learn to not take things personally. Substantiating your points might be a good idea too.
                      1) Asked and answered. Intent is properly inferred from the act.

2) Did that - that you reject that answer minus an actual refute to it is your fault.

3) Why when you are very obviously trying to irritate me personally should I regard it as 'not personal'? Grow up.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        Oh, I'm pretty sure most of us have been ignoring the OP for pretty much that reason...
                        There was an OP?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment