Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Men And Women Equal? The Ray Rice Test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    But it is obvious that they are not equal, at least not in practice. We all know that if it was a man that attacked Ray, even a smaller one, we would even be talking about this.
    First, when feminists talk about equality, they are not talking about physical strength. Second, I would not call a slap or spitting on someone "attacking". Third, if Ray's fiance was a man, we would be talking about this. Notice that one of the reactions to the incident was the creation of a domestic abuse policy. Do you not think a charge of aggravated assault against one's fiance is a big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      The thing is, most people are NOT feminazis, over-the-top whack jobs and they realize that women and men are different and that men should not beat women. That is why he is in trouble.
      Yes that is why I'm pointing out that the feminazis are hypocrites.

But any ball player or celebrity that hit even another man would be all over the news.

Remember Buzz Aldrin? and he was smaller than the guy he punched.
      Yes, but Buzz was not physically attacked - Ray was. Not that I'm defending his response.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        If the other man had filed a complaint, he almost certainly would be charged. But, no, he most likely would not lose his job. Unless, of course, the other man was his boss.
        Mossy routinely assaults everyone on tweb, especially me, but nobody has fired her yet.

Owwww!

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
          First, when feminists talk about equality, they are not talking about physical strength.
          Good so they are not equal - thanks.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Yes that is why I'm pointing out that the feminazis are hypocrites.

Yes, but Buzz was not physically attacked - Ray was. Not that I'm defending his response.
            well Buzz was harassed. I didn't see any physical attack on Buzz. But that is besides the point I was making. Being a celebrity means any such incident will end up in the media and gossip no matter who was at fault.

As far as getting fired, that was the call of Rice's boss. Not the media. Rice could have pressed charges against her if she attacked him. Apparently he chose to escalate it.

Comment

Good so they are not equal - thanks.
              Biologically, no.

Comment

Biologically, no.
                thank God.

Comment

Mossy routinely assaults everyone on tweb, especially me, but nobody has fired her yet.

Owwww!
                  She gets a bounty paid in dark chocolate every time she PINs™ you

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Biologically, no.
                    And biology is everything, in your world correct...

Comment

Personally, I have big problems with how the NFL handled the thing from start to finish but honestly, the criminal justice system should deal with criminal matters. You shouldn't lose your job just because you are charged with a crime (now, if it means you can't fulfill your obligations or you are convicted, the matter changes). But months after the fact for PR purposes? Rice has a decent legal case.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

And biology is everything, in your world correct...
                        I guess you can say that. We should use the scientific method to discover what are probably or probably not the differences and commonalities between us.

Comment

Owwww!
                          You have to turn everything into a joke.
                          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Say the second man in the cab was smaller? I seriously doubt that Ray would have been charged, he certainly would not have lost his job.
                            If the second man was someone whom Ray said he loved, and yet he hit him hard enough to render him unconscious, then dragged him out of the elevator and across the floor as if he was carrying a garbage bag rather than a human being, then yes, I absolutely think that Ray would have been charged.

That, mind you, is even more chilling than his knock-out punch. I understand that couples who genuinely love each other can still have intense fights, and that sometimes people lose self-control and cause more damage than intended. But Ray Rice didn't show any signs that he was startled or mortified by what he'd done. His reaction seemed terrifyingly cold and callous. If I lost my temper in an argument and accidentally knocked someone unconscious, I'd be horrified and would frantically call for medical assistance, or at least lift the person up and carry him/her tenderly.

Also, you're misrepresenting feminism when you portray it as "men and women are equal in all aspects." Of course they aren't equal in physical aspects, and the fact that anyone chooses to identify as "feminist" in the first place is proof that they don't think that--because clearly, men and women are different. Instead, feminism is the belief that men and women are equal in human worth and dignity and should be treated equally on that basis.
                            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                              If the second man was someone whom Ray said he loved, and yet he hit him hard enough to render him unconscious
                              He didn't. He threw one (defensive) punch and she hit her head on the side of the elevator and was knocked unconscious. It's called "physics."

But Ray Rice didn't show any signs that he was startled or mortified by what he'd done.
                              Because he was drunk. And your attempt to portray him as a sociopath to presumably further demonize him does not go unnoticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                                He didn't. He threw one (defensive) punch
                                I have reservations about calling punches defensive. Blocking is defensive; punches are acts of aggression.

and she hit her head on the side of the elevator and was knocked unconscious. It's called "physics."
                                Okay then. In an INFINITELY more acceptable move, he hit her hard enough to send her flying backwards with so much force that when her head struck the elevator side, it instantly knocked her unconscious. Better?

he was drunk. And your attempt to portray him as a sociopath to presumably further demonize him does not go unnoticed.
                                I didn't intend to portray him as a sociopath, because I don't think he is one. I just wanted to emphasize how gravely serious this was, that it's much more than seer's "Oops, I accidentally knocked someone out cold! Darn, they're coming to take my job away. Now I can't add millions of dollars to the millions of dollars that I already have. Woe is me!" scenario.
                                Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment