Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Concealed Carry Laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concealed Carry Laws

Do you think the scripture (or scriptural principles) are more likely to SUPPORT or OPPOSE the licensed carrying of concealed weapons by citizens?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Do you think the scripture (or scriptural principles) are more likely to SUPPORT or OPPOSE the licensed carrying of concealed weapons by citizens?
    Neither, but I think one CAN make a case for self-defense from scripture
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      Neither, but I think one CAN make a case for self-defense from scripture
      Agreed.
      No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who,_whom%3F
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

And Shallow & Pedantic is my shtick bub

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Why specifically concealed weapons and not just weapons? A potential assailant might be more discouraged from trying to instigate something if he could see from a distance that you're armed.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Why specifically concealed weapons and not just weapons? A potential assailant might be more discouraged from trying to instigate something if he could see from a distance that you're armed.
              Good question! I suppose I was implying, intentionally or not, that it's not just your HOME you're defending. For instance, I'm not required to have ANY license in Texas to keep (most) firearms in my home, so having a Concealed Carry license implies I'm carrying elsewhere.

And, yeah, open carry would probably be a better deterrent. Perhaps I'm thinking that the ACT of applying and qualifying for a concealed carry permit suggests the INTENT to defend myself and/or property/family with deadly force.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have a gun most of the time. What's the issue?

It's like any other tool in the toolbox.
                The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

In Alaska I need nothing to carry open or concealed.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    In Alaska I need nothing to carry open or concealed.
                    Technically you'd probably need a gun. What's your gun of choice for carry, Jed?
                    The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Oppose - you're supposed to beat 'em into plowshares, remember?
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
                        Technically you'd probably need a gun. What's your gun of choice for carry, Jed?
                        I'm more of a revolver fan, at the moment. I found myself lusting for a S&W 686+ recently; while I usually do Ruger's it's hard to argue with a seven round revolver.
                        No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Originally posted by supton View Post
                          I'm more of a revolver fan, at the moment. I found myself lusting for a S&W 686+ recently; while I usually do Ruger's it's hard to argue with a seven round revolver.
                          Only seven?

Now that's what I'm talkin' about.
                          Last edited by rogue06; 01-25-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Took this one away from CP just before he fired it

Comment

Why? He had his fingers on the grip with his thumb in the trigger guard, right? No?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment