Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Straight Guys Getting Married

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Yes he's serious. He's trying to turn his embarrassing insular attitudes into a joke, but "many a true word is spoken in jest".
    Not exactly a joke, the post-banning of such people from elite male society seemed to have been precisely the times when most of the actual scientific and social advancements tended to diminish or stop, probably because the men in question were interested in advancing the science and society and the women/blacks/gays/Jews were mainly interested in promoting themselves and their social position. But whatever, Tassman JUST KNOWS that the best way to get GoodScience is by sowing division, mistrust, lies, and careerism among scientists.
    Last edited by Epoetker; 09-18-2014, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Indeed! Some would call the offering of a nubile young body in return for the rich life and expensive gifts, prostitution. But you are correct; prostitution is often referred to as “the oldest profession”.
      Some would call this 'overloading the definition so you can later claim MARRIAGE WAS PROSTITUTION ALL ALONG.' Others would say that the character of people who married young and stayed together, for mutual infatuation or parental arrangement, is considerably different both on a micro and macro scale than someone who goes straight to measurements and amortized analysis.

Once you become a sexual hedonist, gay OR straight, the notion of approved forms of sexuality tends to get kind of hazy.
      Well, it's a good thing that the Sexual Hedonist God has his followers passing out his church of Sexual Hedonism tracts at people equally, and not specifically toward people already socially and emotionally stunted.

No doubt paedophiles “may even justify paedophilia to themselves”. Many people try and justify their biases just as you are trying to justify your homophobic bigotry with your absurd examples.
      Many people also try to debate with me with false equivocation and weak connections. They fail, every time.

The “common culture” you refer to is the culture of all citizens regardless of gender, race or sexual orientation. Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State.
      THE GENEVA CONVENTION HATH DECLARED YOU ALL EQUAL UNDER EXCEL, NOW LIVE BY THE GUIDANCE OF THINE SOCIAL WORKERS AND THEIR HOLY DSM.

That leaves 93.3% of Edited by a Moderator NOT being serial killers - not that you’re showing your true colours with the use of such a term; your hatred is palpable. Gotta love these Christians!
      No, that leaves the 93.3% of Edited by a Moderator being the perfect environment for developing and concealing an extremely sociopathic personality, just as Muslim societies are a perfect environment for developing and concealing Islamic terrorists.

And this assumes your figures are accurate; there’s no link provided – just the say-so of an obvious homophobe.
      Yes there was, you worthless liar. He put his numbers, his sources, and his methodology out there for all to see, and I gave you both a link which you didn't bother clicking and a description you didn't bother reading.

Moderated By: QuantaFille

Please watch your language. Inflammatory language is uncalled for.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
      Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by QuantaFille; 09-20-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
        Some would call this 'overloading the definition so you can later claim MARRIAGE WAS PROSTITUTION ALL ALONG.' Others would say that the character of people who married young and stayed together, for mutual infatuation or parental arrangement, is considerably different both on a micro and macro scale than someone who goes straight to measurements and amortized analysis.
        You would, most would not - given that the context clearly referred to marriages, both gay and straight which, in some instances, were entered into for with dubious motives or for secondary gain.

Well, it's a good thing that the Sexual Hedonist God has his followers passing out his church of Sexual Hedonism tracts at people equally, and not specifically toward people already socially and emotionally stunted.
        And, based upon your own personal experience, you are in a position to assess who is “socially and emotionally stunted” are you? You're projecting. Let me guess, you're referring to homosexuals, right? So, you are claiming that homosexuals are ALL "socially and emotionally stunted"? Come now! This is a long discarded view of homosexuality and demonstrably untrue if you had even a passing acquaintance with homosexuals in the community.

Many people also try to debate with me with false equivocation and weak connections. They fail, every time.
        Are you trying to say that you’re NOT trying to justify your homophobic bigotry? Could’ve fooled me!

THE GENEVA CONVENTION HATH DECLARED YOU ALL EQUAL UNDER EXCEL, NOW LIVE BY THE GUIDANCE OF THINE SOCIAL WORKERS AND THEIR HOLY DSM.
        Not the Geneva Convention, ignoramus, the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights – of which your country and mine are signatories. But of course this is anathema to your little band of fascist gurus and their racist, anti-Semitic, misogynistic and homophobic opinions so eagerly adopted and reflected by our very own Epoeteker.

No, that leaves the 93.3% of Edited by a Moderator being the perfect environment for developing and concealing an extremely sociopathic personality,
        You seem unaware that Edited by a Moderator is a hate word used by homophobic bigots, just as the “N” word is used by racists. It’s NOT employed by those attempting a reasonable, balanced discussion and you're disqualifying yourself from rational discussion by doing so. What is the basis for your extraordinary generalization that Edited by a Moderator have "an extremely sociopathic personality"? What, ALL of them!!! More than heterosexuals proportionately do?

just as Muslim societies are a perfect environment for developing and concealing Islamic terrorists.
        …and predominantly heterosexual societies for “developing and concealing” heterosexual rapists, bigamists, paedophiles and serious killers! Just listen to yourself!

Yes there was, you worthless liar. He put his numbers, his sources, and his methodology out there for all to see, and I gave you both a link which you didn't bother clicking and a description you didn't bother reading.
        “… worthless liar”?! And in giant fonts! You’re a case Epoetker.

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
        Not exactly a joke, the banning of such people from elite male society seemed to have been precisely the times when most of the actual scientific and social advancements tended to diminish or stop, probably because the men in question were interested in advancing the science and society and the women/blacks/gays/Jews were mainly interested in promoting themselves and their social position. But whatever, Tassman JUST KNOWS that the best way to get GoodScience is by sowing division, mistrust, lies, and careerism among scientists.
        What point are you making in this confused little mini-rant?
        Last edited by QuantaFille; 09-20-2014, 03:36 PM. Reason: Quoting edited text
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

YYou seem unaware that “queers” is a hate word used by homophobic bigots
          99% of the time I see it employed by other gays.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

... homophobic
            Can you link me to the DSM entry for this particular phobia?
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Yes, like Queer Nation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queer_Nation
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                True! Although I suspect not as much as 99% of the time.

As I understand it, it is acceptable for gays to use the term among themselves in much the same way that blacks use the “N” word among themselves. But, in both instances, it is regarded as "abuse" for outsiders to use it against them.

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Can you link me to the DSM entry for this particular phobia?
                “Homophobia” is in common usage. It is defined in the Oxford Dictionary as: “Dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people”. But, as you implied, it is technically not classified as a "phobia" in clinical psychology. In the DSM "phobias" are strictly limited to the category of 'severe anxiety disorders'. But it’s good that you hold the APA and its Diagnostic Manual in such high regard including, presumably, its classification of homosexuality as a normal sexual variant.

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Interesting!

Being an Aussie I wasn't aware of 'Queer Nation'. Presumably as a compassionate, civilized person you condemn, as do I, the unacceptable violence directed at homosexuals described in your link and which necessitated the formation of this organization in the first place?
                Last edited by Tassman; 09-19-2014, 12:37 AM.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

True! Although I suspect not as much as 99% of the time.

As I understand it, it is acceptable for nobles to use the term among themselves in much the same way that squires use the “N” word among themselves. But, in both instances, it is regarded as "abuse" for commoners to use it against them.
                  Do tell

“Homophobia” is in high church usage. It is defined in the Oxford Dictionary as: “Dislike of or prejudice against noblemen”. But, as you implied, it is technically not classified as a "phobia" in working psychology. In the DSM "phobias" are strictly limited to the category of 'severe anxiety disorders'. But it’s good that you hold the APA and its Diagnostic Manual in such high regard including, presumably, its classification of homosexuality as a normal sexual variant.
                  Funny, that EVIL HATE SITE known as MPC (thanks for reminding me to check back with them!) had a few words to say on the AMA from actual doctors and health care workers:

Originally posted by Sensible MPCer #1
                  The AMA is ****** retarded and won't yank licenses from serial offenders who account for the majority of lawsuits, even though it's driving up prices for everyone. Further, malpractice premiums are mostly tied to the effect of the economy on insurance company investments (or outright mismanagement of their investments) rather than lawsuits, because in most states, the barrier to recover in a lawsuit is high (you have to get another doctor to testify that it was a mistake, for example, and the damages can't be a known risk of the procedure). In states where lawsuit damages have been capped, premiums haven't gone down.
                  Originally posted by Sensible MPCer #2
                  The AMA is not responsible for licensing. (Most of us don't even belong to the AMA, contrary to what they would have you think. Seriously, it is like 15% of us.) It is the state medical boards. It is extremely difficult to get your license yanked, especially if you are a minority. There is a bureaucratic process by which to file complaints, 80-90% of which are rejected in the first round in my state. The only way to get a license yanked quickly is to go to your local news advocate (6 On Your Side, etc.) and make a stink.
                  Originally posted by Tassman the Liar
                  Being a disconnected internationalist I wasn't aware of 'Queer Nation'. Presumably as a empty, careerist person you condemn, as do I, the barely existent violence directed at nobles described in your link and which served as an excuse for the formation of these violent enforcers and volunteer secret police in the first place?
                  Do you loudly condemn powerless net producers in favor of powerful net consumers if you think there's some tiny chance the rules of this present age may smile upon you with a cushy managerial job for it? Would your entire understanding of how any human system works fit on the back of an index card? Do you live in white and monarchical countries but yearn to see them brought down? Do you ever feel like you've just been going through the motions of traitorousness and ingratitude but haven't really caught their spirit? Tassman is always there to guide you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                    Do tell

Funny, that EVIL HATE SITE known as MPC (thanks for reminding me to check back with them!) had a few words to say on the AMA from actual doctors and health care workers:
                    "My Posting Career is a Something Awful spinoff forum for racist ex-goons who consider themselves too intellectual for Stormfront or VNN. Popular discussion topics include making fun of liberals, boasting about their weightlifting routines, and whining about how blacks, Jews and gays are ruining everything.

In other words, it’s typical white nationalist Internet nonsense. Because MPC considers itself the sophisticated alternative to run-of-the-mill Hitler fetishism, though, the gap between their self-perception and reality is a reliable source of lulz.

Pleasureman, the site administrator [and Epoetker's hero], started My Posting Career after falling out with the owner of The New Effort. Since The New Effort was a replacement for SASS, which was created to troll Something Awful, this earns MPC the dubious distinction of being a forum about a forum about a forum about a forum." - Encyclopedia Dramatica.

And you are its clone.

Do you loudly condemn powerless net producers in favor of powerful net consumers if you think there's some tiny chance the rules of this present age may smile upon you with a cushy managerial job for it? Would your entire understanding of how any human system works fit on the back of an index card? Do you live in white and monarchical countries but yearn to see them brought down? Do you ever feel like you've just been going through the motions of traitorousness and ingratitude but haven't really caught their spirit? Tassman is always there to guide you!
                    Take your pills Epoetker before the men in white coats come and get you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman
                      You seem unaware that “queers” is a hate word used by homophobic bigots, just as the “N” word is used by racists. It’s NOT employed by those attempting a reasonable, balanced discussion and you're disqualifying yourself from rational discussion by doing so.
                      Yet you've already used the word 'homophobic' at Epoetker... every time someone uses that it shows they've abandoned reasonable conversation.

'Homophobic' is code for "You don't agree with me on whatever 'gay issue' I'm pushing." It covers everything from raving homosexual haters (the few who might actually be homophobic) to reasonable people who just happen to firmly and persistently disagree, to people gay activists can't beat with a reasonable argument. It's worthless hyperbolic slander.
                      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

“Homophobia” is in common usage.
                        So is the word "unicorn". But that doesn't mean that it describes anything in reality.

It is defined in the Oxford Dictionary as: “Dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people”. But, as you implied, it is technically not classified as a "phobia" in clinical psychology. In the DSM "phobias" are strictly limited to the category of 'severe anxiety disorders'. But it’s good that you hold the APA and its Diagnostic Manual in such high regard including, presumably, its classification of homosexuality as a normal sexual variant.
                        I wouldn't go that far. I am simply amused at the fact that the left loves to drag out the APA in support of homosexual behavior being a "normal" expression of human sexuality, yet they also love to use such a terribly misnamed term that the very same APA does not support as an actual clinical diagnosis. It's simply a slanderous and bigoted term used to stamp out the opposition.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• The other thing about the use of 'homophobic' is that it's usually meant to somehow invalidate what the 'homophobe' has said - by the very use it (apparently) indicates that the arguments or position of the accused are wrong and can be disregarded.

But clearly, logically speaking, this doesn't follow. Homophobia = "Dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people” (Tassman's supplied definition). But not liking, or even hating, a person, or people doesn't mean that your arguments against their position are therefore logically wrong or invalid.

Put another way, the accusation of "homophobia" is a resort to a childlike way of thinking : 'You don't like me, so you're wrong, and I'm not going to listen to you any more'. Simple rational disagreement is converted into 'You hate me and you're a bad person.'
                          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                            Yet you've already used the word 'homophobic' at Epoetker... every time someone uses that it shows they've abandoned reasonable conversation.

'Homophobic' is code for "You don't agree with me on whatever 'gay issue' I'm pushing." It covers everything from raving homosexual haters (the few who might actually be homophobic) to reasonable people who just happen to firmly and persistently disagree, to people gay activists can't beat with a reasonable argument. It's worthless hyperbolic slander.
                            New Amen Button
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

And you are its clone.
                              You really shouldn't quote ED on anything unless you're prepared for the ED response to you.

There is no way to intellectually checkmate a liberal on the internet. First off, they don’t have an intellect to actually checkmate and second off, the second you raise a point with one, they resort to straw man arguments, ad hominem attacks, and they try to deny the correlative…meaning they attempt to change the subject when there are no new subjects to change to. These tactics are the kind of thing you could expect a 2nd year journalism student to pull if you were stupid enough to ever chat with one…oh wait, any 2nd year journalism student is a ******* liberal anyways.
                              Take your pills Epoetker before the men in white coats come and get you.
                              They also try to play the sanity card.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                                The other thing about the use of 'homophobic' is that it's usually meant to somehow invalidate what the 'homophobe' has said - by the very use it (apparently) indicates that the arguments or position of the accused are wrong and can be disregarded.

But clearly, logically speaking, this doesn't follow. Homophobia = "Dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people” (Tassman's supplied definition). But not liking, or even hating, a person, or people doesn't mean that your arguments against their position are therefore logically wrong or invalid.

Put another way, the accusation of "homophobia" is a resort to a childlike way of thinking : 'You don't like me, so you're wrong, and I'm not going to listen to you any more'. Simple rational disagreement is converted into 'You hate me and you're a bad person.'
                                I can understand the inclination to disregard blatantly racist or homophobic speech and call it out as such. Such opinions are obviously wrong and arguing against them would be an exercise in futility. However, I find that in situations like a forum discussion, where there is not a proper audience, ignoring these statements is superior to arguing with them or pointing them out.

Comment