Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ted Cruz booed off stage at Middle Eastern Christian conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Cruz booed off stage at Middle Eastern Christian conference

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/10/te...nference-video

Sen. Ted Cruz was booed offstage at a conference for Middle Eastern Christians Wednesday night after saying that “Christians have no greater ally than Israel.”

Cruz, the keynote speaker at the sold-out D.C. dinner gala for the recently-founded non-profit In Defense of Christians, began by saying that “tonight, we are all united in defense of Christians. Tonight, we are all united in defense of Jews. Tonight, we are all united in defense of people of good faith, who are standing together against those who would persecute and murder those who dare disagree with their religious teachings.”

The cries of “stop it, stop it, enough,” and booing continued. “Out, out, leave the stage!” At this point IDC’s president, Toufic Baaklini, came out to the stage to ask for the crowd to listen to Cruz, but Cruz had already had enough.

“If you will not stand with Israel and the Jews,” he said. “Then I will not stand with you. Good night, and God bless.” And with that, he walked off the stage.
    What an idiot.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

What an idiot.
    . . . Please add me to your list.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      So he is an idiot for supporting Israel?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        So he is an idiot for supporting Israel?
        Is that the only reason why you think he might be an idiot?
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Is that the only reason why you think he might be an idiot?
          Well given the context of your quote and your hatred for the Jews I assume that might be it.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Well given the context of your quote
            The context of my quote is some idiot going to a convetion about Christians being beheaded in the middle east to blather about Israel. It's tacky and inappropriate. Like going to somene's funeral to sell rainbow colored pop corn.

and your hatred for the Jews I assume that might be it.
            Why do you assume I "hate the Jews" when in reality I just treat them the same way I (and the rest of you) treat atheists and muslims? People like you really are disgustingly pathetic, sucking up to people who hate your guts. Most Jews aren't your friend anymore than the New Atheists or Al Quaeda is.
            Last edited by Darth Executor; 09-11-2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

The context of my quote is some idiot going to a convetion about Christians being beheaded in the middle east to blather about Israel. It's tacky and inappropriate. Like going to somene's funeral to sell rainbow colored pop corn.
              Perhaps.

Why do you assume I "hate the Jews" when in reality I just treat them the same way I (and the rest of you) treat atheists and muslims? Peopple like you really are disgustingly pathetic, sucking up to people who hate your guts. Most Jews aren't your friend anymore than the New Atheists or Al Quaeda is.
              What are you talking about? I'm sucking up to the Jews because I believe they deserve their own state and have the right to live in peace?

Comment

What are you talking about? I'm sucking up to the Jews because I believe they deserve their own state and have the right to live in peace?

Comment

Why do you assume I "hate the Jews" when in reality I just treat them the same way I (and the rest of you) treat atheists and muslims? Peopple like you really are disgustingly pathetic, sucking up to people who hate your guts. Most Jews aren't your friend anymore than the New Atheists or Al Quaeda is.
                  I noticed that seer did not respond to your question so maybe he was convinced by you that you do not hate the Jews. While not positive, I don't think the Jews' attitudes toward Evangelicals is really comparable to those of Al Quaeda. That seems like a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? An attempt at rhetorical humor perhaps.
                  βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                  ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                    I noticed that seer did not respond to your question so maybe he was convinced by you that you do not hate the Jews. While not positive, I don't think the Jews' attitudes toward Evangelicals is really comparable to those of Al Quaeda. That seems like a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? An attempt at rhetorical humor perhaps.
                    I never said the attitudes are comparable, I said they aren't Evangelicals' friends anymore than Al Quaeda is.

Comment

I never said the attitudes are comparable, I said they aren't Evangelicals' friends anymore than Al Quaeda is.
                      That is indeed a comparison, but no need to argue semantics. I think Al Quaeda has demonstrated a greater hatred for evangelical Christians and Jews and many others (thus a lower degree of friendship), than the Jews have demonstrated for evangelical Christians. Haven't seen any Jews flying jetliners into skyscrapers lately.

Comment

That is indeed a comparison, but no need to argue semantics. I think Al Quaeda has demonstrated a greater hatred for evangelical Christians
                        Have they? I know bin laden ranted about jews on several occasions but I don't remember him singling out evangelicals.

and Jews and many others (thus a lower degree of friendship)
                        I see, we have a numbering convetion problem because I don't think there is a lower degree of friendship than "not friends".

than the Jews have demonstrated for evangelical Christians. Haven't seen any Jews flying jetliners into skyscrapers lately.
                        No, they just spit in your face. Literally, if you're Mel Gibson.

Comment

Have they? I know bin laden ranted about jews on several occasions but I don't remember him singling out evangelicals.
                          Nor did I single out Evangelicals. You did that by only quoting and responding to part of my sentence here. I don't need to look for specific statements of bin Laden to understand his actions and compare them with those of Jewish people.

I see, we have a numbering convetion problem because I don't think there is a lower degree of friendship than "not friends".
                          Not numbering convention, but rather a lack of depth perception and a limited understanding of the range and admixture of love and hate involved in assessing degrees of friendship. This cognitive distortion is sometimes referred to as 'black and white' or 'all or nothing' thinking. Many Jewish people have friendly relationships with Evangelicals, of various degrees, and vice versa, despite a number of things that may be disliked. I have not observed any degree of friendly relations between bin Laden or other members of al Quaeda and evangelical Christians. Have you?

No, they just spit in your face. Literally, if you're Mel Gibson.
                          Perhaps you are describing the behavior of some individuals, but not one that is characteristic of Jewish people in general. Your link takes me to an article entitled, "Natalie Grant responds after leaving Grammys early; Mass wedding at award show criticized as 'political stunt' to push gay marriage agenda," which I did not bother to read yet. How is that related to our discussion?

Comment

Well in that case, do you support all ethnicities getting their own states, such as Poles, Germans, Ethiopians, Koreans, ect?
                            Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Nor did I single out Evangelicals. You did that by only quoting and responding to part of my sentence here. I don't need to look for specific statements of bin Laden to understand his actions and compare them with those of Jewish people.
                              Bin Laden is butthurt because Americans brought infidels to his Holy Land. I'm not sure what that has to do with Evangelicals in particular.

Not numbering convention, but rather a lack of depth perception and a limited understanding of the range and admixture of love and hate involved in assessing degrees of friendship. This cognitive distortion is sometimes referred to as 'black and white' or 'all or nothing' thinking.
                              I recognize degrees, I just don't recognize the idea that someone who is less your enemy than someone else is more your friend. Once you are over the "enemy" treshhold you are not my friend in any capacity even if someone else is a bigger enemy. Hopefully that clears up your perception error.

Many Jewish people have friendly relationships with Evangelicals, of various degrees, and vice versa, despite a number of things that may be disliked. I have not observed any degree of friendly relations between bin Laden or other members of al Quaeda and evangelical Christians. Have you?
                              I haven't observed much contact between them at all seeing how they tend to congregate on opposite ends of the earth. Individual relathionships have no bearing on the topic because we are not talking about individuals, we are talking about groups. Some individual Jews may have Christian friends but as a whole Jews are not friends with Christians.

Perhaps you are describing the behavior of some individuals, but not one that is characteristic of Jewish people in general.
                              No, you have it backwards, I am describing the behavior of Jewish people in general, but not necessarily that of all individual Jews. Though at this point it's hard to blame Jewish people for despising Christians considering how pathetic the latter have become.

Your link takes me to an article entitled, "Natalie Grant responds after leaving Grammys early; Mass wedding at award show criticized as 'political stunt' to push gay marriage agenda," which I did not bother to read yet. How is that related to our discussion?
                              How about you, you know, read it?

"The mass wedding held at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday night has sparked controversy and been criticized by many as a political stunt to promote same-sex marriage.

The mass wedding involved 33 homosexual and heterosexual couples, and took place as Macklemore & Ryan Lewis performed a rendition of their pro-gay marriage anthem 'Same Love.' The segment, which has been criticized by many for being inappropriate for the music awards, also featured Madonna and Mary Lambert."

"Macklemore's rap segment in the song states: "The right-wing conservatives think it's a decision/And you can be cured with some treatment and religion/Man-made rewiring of a predisposition. Playing God, aw nah here we go/America the brave still fears what we don't know/And God loves all his children, is somehow forgotten/But we paraphrase a book written 3500 years ago.""

"Katy Perry Grammy Awards 'Dark Horse' performance had witchcraft and satanic symbolism; Shows singer's rejection of childhood Christian values"

The entire display was a big middle finger to Christians and concocted by a Jewish producer. And not all that uncommon considering Hollywood is virulently anti-Christian and overwhelmingly Jewish.

Comment