Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hacked(3)! GMail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked(3)! GMail

If you have changed your Google account password within a few days, you might be OK, but to be really safe, change it.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Okay Truthseeker, you're getting lazy with the posting. This took me less than two minutes to write.

5 Million Gmail Usernames, Passwords Hacked And Posted To Russian Bitcoin Forum: Report

Hackers appear to have dumped nearly 5 million Gmail usernames and passwords to a Russian bitcoin forum. Word first spread of the still-unconfirmed hack when a user posted a link to the log-in credentials in a security-centric corner of Reddit frequented by hackers, professional and aspiring.
    Last edited by Leonhard; 09-10-2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

This can also be fixed simple by enabling phone verification. Whenever a new IP tries to log onto your computer, which isn't recognised by Google a keycode is sent to your phone for verification. Without that they can't log in.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        Whenever a new IP tries to log onto your computer, which isn't recognised by Google a keycode is sent to your phone for verification. Without that they can't log in.
        "IP address"?
        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          This can also be fixed simple by enabling phone verification. Whenever a new IP tries to log onto your computer, which isn't recognised by Google a keycode is sent to your phone for verification. Without that they can't log in.
          I was curious what that was about. Thanks.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment