Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Evidently, Douglas Adams Joined the USFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidently, Douglas Adams Joined the USFS

How Does Your Marshmallow Roast?

Originally posted by USDA Blog
    But there are some innovative ways to roast the little white treats that can help cut down on the amount of sugar intake by the kids, thus making bedtime a little more doable.Think fruit.Even if the kids – including us older ones – insist on more traditional s’mores, there are some healthy tricks. Grill thin slices of pineapple and substitute chocolate for the sweet, warm fruit. You will still get a tasty treat but by substituting with fruit, it is healthier – as long as you watch the amount of marshmallows used. If you want to cut down even more on calories, try using slices of angel food cake instead of graham crackers.- See more at: http://blogs.usda.gov/2014/08/29/us-....VMM1T2m0.dpuf

I'm not sure which is worse - that someone had the temerity to try to make s'mores 'healthy' or that taxpayers fund this nonsense!!!!

And why do we even NEED a 'Roasted Marshmallow Day'?!?!?!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

I think someone made a mistake with that suggestion.

Grill thin slices of pineapple and substitute chocolate for the sweet, warm fruit.
    This is telling me to use chocolate instead of the pineapple. Surely the healthy substitution would be pineapple instead of chocolate. But I'll gladly follow the USDA's instruction to substitute chocolate for fruit in my s'mores. And a s'more with angel food cake, pineapple and marshmallow sounds tooth achingly sweet. What the heck just make a mountain pie with real butter, Nutella and marshmallows.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Comment

My kids love smores. Other than smores, they only eat healthy food and drink only water. Can't argue with that.
      βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
      ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Not everything has to be healthy. The odd s'more or Snickers won't hurt anyone. Too much of anything is not good.
        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Comment

no bacon?

sacrilage!!!

Comment

Originally posted by moreta View Post
            Not everything has to be healthy. The odd s'more or Snickers won't hurt anyone. Too much of anything is not good.
            Except bacon of course. Always an exception to every rule.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah!
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Forgive me. I should have excluded bacon from that. Moderation and bacon should not be mixed.

Comment