Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bitcoin kids remaking the world!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raphael
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Are you on something? Seriously.
    After all these years, you're only asking that now?

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
    I feel Bitcoin was just a fad to get us used to crypto-currencies.... There're many other cryptocurrenicies out there that do stuff like work on BOINC projects or decentralize DNS servers...
    I see you as more a DogeCoin type.

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    Disclaimer: I own some bitcoins.

We have it in our power to begin the world over again. ~Thomas Paine, about 1776

Is Bitcoin really that potentially revolutionary? Read on http://www.caseyresearch.com/freeman...-about-bitcoin

A question I'm especially interested in that belongs in this forum: How important is the power to make whatever trade you want without government restrictions or coercion? Example: A gal in California uses her bitcoin wallet to purchase an albino elephant from someone in India (I don't know if trade in albino elephants are limited or proscribed by Indian law).
    So you would be up with all the illegal crap that was going on with The Silk Road. it and it's successor are bitcoin only.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    I guess you have in mind the belief that no government means, among other things, no protection at all. Nah, you are not that stupid. But what do you mean by that?

I'd think the dollar system would lead to contractual nightmares. Oh! There have been many c. nightmares, all right. Didn't you yourself fly into a rage many times when you saw yourself getting stiffed?
    Are you on something? Seriously.

Unsubscribing.

Leave a comment:

• Truthseeker
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Remember, no government interference at all also means no government protection at all.
    I guess you have in mind the belief that no government means, among other things, no protection at all. Nah, you are not that stupid. But what do you mean by that?

I'd think 'cyber currency' would lead to contractual nightmares.
    I'd think the dollar system would lead to contractual nightmares. Oh! There have been many c. nightmares, all right. Didn't you yourself fly into a rage many times when you saw yourself getting stiffed?

Leave a comment:

• Truthseeker
    replied
    Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
    I feel Bitcoin was
    Did you not mean "is"?
    just a fad to get us used to crypto-currencies....

There're many other cryptocurrenicies out there that do stuff like work on BOINC projects or decentralize DNS servers...
    I am surprised that anyone would think Bitcoin does not work in BOINC projects and decentralized DNS servers

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Remember, no government interference at all also means no government protection at all.

I'd think 'cyber currency' would lead to contractual nightmares.

Leave a comment:

• Irate Canadian
    replied
    I feel Bitcoin was just a fad to get us used to crypto-currencies.... There're many other cryptocurrenicies out there that do stuff like work on BOINC projects or decentralize DNS servers...

Leave a comment:

• Truthseeker
    started a topic Bitcoin kids remaking the world!?

Bitcoin kids remaking the world!?

Disclaimer: I own some bitcoins.

We have it in our power to begin the world over again. ~Thomas Paine, about 1776

Is Bitcoin really that potentially revolutionary? Read on http://www.caseyresearch.com/freeman...-about-bitcoin

A question I'm especially interested in that belongs in this forum: How important is the power to make whatever trade you want without government restrictions or coercion? Example: A gal in California uses her bitcoin wallet to purchase an albino elephant from someone in India (I don't know if trade in albino elephants are limited or proscribed by Indian law).