Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sieg Heil !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sieg Heil !

And the fascists keep rolling on!

Professor Bans College Students From Saying ‘Bless You’ In Class

BRUNSWICK, Ga. (CBS Atlanta) – One professor at the College of Coastal Georgia has banned students from saying “bless you” in his class.

Campus Reform reports that Dr. Leon Gardner, assistant professor of chemistry at the College of Coastal Georgia, pointed out his six rules on behavior on his Introductory Physics class syllabus.

According to the #6 under the “Behavioral Deduction” section of the syllabus, students’ grades will be lowered for: “Saying ‘bless you.’ We are taught that it is polite to say ‘bless you’ when someone sneezes. However, if you say this while I am talking, it is NOT polite, it is very rude!”

Gardener states that a student may be deducted up to 15 percent of their final grade for any student that disrupts his class. He goes on to say in the syllabus that saying “bless you” may result in an immediate 1 percent grade deduction for each occurrence.

“Especially egregious behavior could result in expulsion from the class, withdrawal from the course, and disciplinary action from the college,” his syllabus warns students.

Last week, a high school senior in Tennessee was suspended after breaking a class rule saying “bless you” after a classmate sneezed.
    http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/08/...-you-in-class/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

yeah I saw that...

Pretty sure that teacher is gonna be the one in trouble here.

Comment

I had a teacher in college who had a policy where if anybody's cell phone went off in class, everybody's grade got docked. And it was a massive lecture hall.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        yeah I saw that...

Pretty sure that teacher is gonna be the one in trouble here.
        Why? He is a good Brown Shirt following the party line.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment