Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

ANOTHER Racial Killing -- I bet you haven't heard this one....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER Racial Killing -- I bet you haven't heard this one....

Source: KAGSTV

BRYAN --

A parking lot fight that led to the death of two teens will be in court next week.

Opening statements in the trial allegedly linked to the death of two Blinn students in a McDonalds parking lot is set to begin Monday.

Lack of security at the McDonalds location is allegedly one of the reasons why this happened.

Apparently the death of the teen is largely due to McDonalds not having any security the night of the altercation.

Just to recap that evening – 18-year-old Denton James Ward was beaten to death by several individuals in the McDonalds parking lot at 801 University Drive in College Station on February 18, 2012.

Per the family's attorney, Ward suffered an unprovoked attack by 15 to 20 people among a reported crowd of 400.

After the altercation – his friends rushed to take his lifeless body to the hospital and ended up crashing their car which claimed the life of Ward's girlfriend.

The case is centered on the fact that McDonalds never hired any security personnel or installed security cameras to help protect its customers.

The attorney for the deceased student's families says they’re seeking justice.

"What we're focused on in this case is truth and justice for the clients – we want the truth to come out about what really happened at McDonalds,” said the family’s attorney, Chris Hamilton. “We think this is a very important case – not just for the clients, but for the public and the community to know what’s really going on at McDonalds, what the risks are and what the dangers are of sending your kids there particularly after midnight.”

Now the opening arguments are set to start Monday where both the defense and prosecution will present information.

The trial is scheduled to last two weeks with jury selection taking place early Monday morning.

© Copyright Original Source

Would you even GUESS from the article that the crowd of 400 "individials" was at least 95% black?
    Would you guess that the two white Blinn students were white?
    Would you guess that the MANAGER of this McDonalds was actually HOSTING this "hip hop" event in a "market test" by McDondalds to try out there new "After Midnight Menu"?

I'm guessing my wife (who works within 1 mile from the site of this murder) won't be seeing Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, OR, for that matter, Obama or Holder.
    Not a word
    73.33%
    Yes, but not the racial aspects
    13.33%
    Yes, even the racial aspects
    13.33%
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 08-25-2014, 02:20 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

That same incident covered by Free Republic....

Source: FreeRepublic

Beaten to Death at McDonald’s: A racial attack the media chose to ignore.
    FrontPage Mag ^ | 08/20/2014 | David Paulin

Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:30:27 AM by SeekAndFind

It had seemed to the four clean-cut college freshman that night like a typical McDonald’s: spanking clean, well-lighted, and safe. It was in a good neighborhood too, right next to Texas A&M University in College Station – a campus known for its friendly atmosphere and official down-home greeting: “howdy”

Out on a double date, the two couples pulled into the parking lot of so-called “University McDonald’s” shortly after 2 a.m. that Sunday – and beheld a scene unlike anything portrayed in all those wholesome McDonald’s television commercials. Before them, hundreds of young black males were loitering about, some without shirts.

Other local residents — the more cynical and world-weary, both whites and most blacks — would have taken one look at the crowd and driven off, dismissing many of the young and posturing black males as thugs. But not them: innocent white kids from the suburbs. They presumed this was post-racial America — and that they were in an easy-going college town.

Twenty minutes later, two of them were dead.

Incredibly, the race of the assailants was scrubbed from local news coverage; and utterly missing from tersely written wire-service stories about a Brazos County jury’s whopping $27 million negligence verdict on July 30 against “University McDonald’s” – an outlet owned by the Oak Brook, Illinois-based fast-food giant. What the media considered unmentionable nevertheless loomed over a riveting seven-day trial, which came amid the growing phenomenon of black-on-white violence — unprovoked attacks on whites and black mob violence like the so-called “knock-out game.”

Chris Hamilton, lead lawyer of the small Dallas firm that humbled the corporate giant, was asked, during a phone interview, how many reporters had even bothered to inquire about the race of the assailants during the many interviews he gave.

“You’re the only one,” he replied.

I was just listening to the lawyer, Chris Hamilton, on a local news radio station --- it was well AFTER the incident happened that McDonalds actually hired one of the thugs, and that thug began -- FOR THE FRST TIME -- adding and element to the story line. He claims that the white boys came into the crowd calling them the N word.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The local paper, the Bryan Eagle has an update.

Source: TheBryanEagle

Between 2009 and 2012, there were 210 police calls made in reference to the McDonald's, he said.

The restaurant's reputation warranted the use of on-duty security, Hamilton argued.

"[McDonald's] doesn't get to get out of the responsibility by blaming the criminals or the victims," Hamilton said.

But attorneys for McDonald's -- of which there were at least a dozen present for the first day of the trial -- contend that, while there was no question the case was a tragic one, fault for the deaths could not be laid on the corporation.

Comment

I voted "not a word", because I hadn't heard ANYTHING about this in the national media -- the only way I knew about it was because my wife works at Texas A&M, and because we listen to local AM radio. But, yes, I knew.

Comment

Square_peg will tell us it is the white guys' fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Yeah, but JimL will be here shortly to demand that EVERY ONE of those black guys be in jail RIGHT NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Yeah, but JimL will be here shortly to demand that EVERY ONE of those black guys be in jail RIGHT NOW.
              Dang it! I almost drowned my keyboard.

Comment

Why would I say something as preposterous as "it's the white guy's fault that he WAS KILLED?" Have I EVER blamed a death on the DECEASED person? In the "Re: Michael Brown" thread, which is what your response is presumably based on, I explicitly and repeatedly said that NO ONE deserves to be killed. So why in the world would I say what you said I'd say?

Good God, how can you be this clueless about my personal stances after so many posts?
                Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                  Why would I say something as preposterous as "it's the white guy's fault that he WAS KILLED?" Have I EVER blamed a death on the DECEASED person? In the "Re: Michael Brown" thread, which is what your response is presumably based on, I explicitly and repeatedly said that NO ONE deserves to be killed. So why in the world would I say what you said I'd say?

Good God, how can you be this clueless about my personal stances after so many posts?
                  Because your first reaction is to think the white guys are guilty and the blacks are innocent. Of course I knew you would read my comment and just to "show me wrong" would not actually blame the white guys. I debated waiting to see what you would say first, but what the heck.

Did you read the part where the white guys supposedly called them the N*word?

Comment

The key word being, 'supposedly'. I don't buy for a second that the 'white boys' did such a thing, but even IF they did, it's no excuse* for 15 to 20 people to beat someone up. Sorry*.

* I know that's not what you're saying, Sparko
                    Last edited by OU812; 08-25-2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Because your first reaction is to think the white guys are guilty and the blacks are innocent.
                      That has never, ever been my first reaction to any event. As I clearly stated in the Michael Brown thread, I wasn't upset because of any racial aspects, but because a young man who should've had his entire life ahead of him is now dead and has no more chances left, and I would've been equally upset had Brown been a white person killed by a black officer. It's again clear that you don't understand where I'm coming from yet attack me anyway.

Yes, and it makes no difference to me, because as offensive and hurtful as that word is, it doesn't justify killing someone. I mean, I spent all those pages in the Michael Brown thread arguing that Brown's death wasn't justified even if he'd physically attacked the officer; why would I say a person's death is justified because he said a hurtful word?
                      Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

I read it on facebook with racial identification.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          The local paper, the Bryan Eagle has an update.

Source: TheBryanEagle

Between 2009 and 2012, there were 210 police calls made in reference to the McDonald's, he said.

The restaurant's reputation warranted the use of on-duty security, Hamilton argued.

"[McDonald's] doesn't get to get out of the responsibility by blaming the criminals or the victims," Hamilton said.

But attorneys for McDonald's -- of which there were at least a dozen present for the first day of the trial -- contend that, while there was no question the case was a tragic one, fault for the deaths could not be laid on the corporation.

Nonsense, McDonald's hosted the event; they are responsible for security and anything else necessary for such an event on their property.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                            The key word being, 'supposedly'. I don't buy for a second that the 'white boys' did such a thing, but even IF they did, it's no excuse* for 15 to 20 people to beat someone up. Sorry*.

* I know that's not what you're saying, Sparko
                            Oh, I'd bet the word was being used - just not by the white kids.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I'm not used to the concept of fast food restaurants having security guards. Is this actually a thing?
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment