Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Then just don't eat there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then just don't eat there

Source: Vermont Diner’s Bacon Sign Taken Down for Offending Muslims

A sign advertising the bacon at a Vermont diner has been taken down after a Muslim resident complained about the sign on the Internet and sparked to a massive backlash campaign towards Sneakers Bistro.

In June, in return for taking part in a local volunteer initiative to plant flower beds in the city’s traffic medians, the diner was awarded a sign on a lamp post that said “Yield for Sneakers Bacon.” A woman took issue with the sign, calling it insensitive to those who don't eat pork, according to WPTZ.

Source

Story continues at link

© Copyright Original Source

I don't eat oysters. In fact there are a bunch of different foods that I don't eat. But I'm not going to complain if some restaurant serves them and has the "audacity" to advertise it.

But there appears to be a backlash against the restaurant.

Source: Sneakers Bistro Bacon Advertisement Removed After Woman Expresses Offense

Sneakers Bistro bacon may be a reason for some to yield or even come to a full stop at the little restaurant, but in a Vermont controversy, many say they’ll drive straight by since the owners chose getting along over advertising.

Not everyone loves bacon, and most people are aware that there are religious groups that don’t eat it. Still it has come as a shock to many to hear that the word ‘bacon’ in an advertisement was actually offensive to a woman in Vermont, leading the advertiser to take it down.

Sneakers Bistro had been receiving angry complaints on their Facebook page since acquiescing to the request to remove the sign, which read “Yield Sneakers Bacon.” The Bistro maintains that they would rather stand for peace with all residents than stand for the integrity of bacon, and many customers aren't buying it.

Source

Story continues at link

© Copyright Original Source

Interestingly, in a press release issued by the restaurant they listed safety as one of the reasons that they took down the "offending" sign.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Yeah, I heard about this. Just ridiculous.

If a vegetarian , rather than a Muslim, had made the complaint, would the sign have been taken down, I wonder?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Now they have gone too far. Attacking bacon???

Prepare the hogs of war!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Yeah, I heard about this. Just ridiculous.

If a vegetarian , rather than a Muslim, had made the complaint, would the sign have been taken down, I wonder?
        Safety probably wouldn't have been a factor in the decision.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Why would you go to a place called 'Sneakers' for bacon - or anything else food related?
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Now they have gone too far. Attacking bacon???

Prepare the hogs of war!!!
            We did prepare them. Turned them into delicious crunchy bacon

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              We did prepare them. Turned them into delicious crunchy bacon

This is as bad as when they said celebrating cinco de mayo with mexican food was racist.

I hate raw tomatoes. I am off to Wendy's, McDonalds, and Subway for showing photos of raw tomato slices on their sandwiches. I find it offensive.

And I am stopping by Kroger's grocery to tell them to stop selling tomatoes, beets, and eggplant. I find them all offensive.

Comment

I say we eat Muslims instead of bacon...
                Last edited by seer; 08-25-2014, 01:39 PM.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  I say we eat Muslims instead bacon...
                  Cannibalism???? :ew:
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Safety probably wouldn't have been a factor in the decision.
                    Undoubtedly.

I think political correctness can be redefined as a desperate attempt to avoid being bullied.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      I say we eat Muslims instead bacon...
                      I think we should send them all hams for Christmas.

--

If muslims can get their way by claiming bacon or pork is offensive to them, does that mean Christians can get abortion clinics to shut down or at least stop advertising since that is offensive to us?

Comment

What about all those highly offensive and insulting TOFU places?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          I think we should send them all hams for Christmas.

--

If muslims can get their way by claiming bacon or pork is offensive to them, does that mean Christians can get abortion clinics to shut down or at least stop advertising since that is offensive to us?
                          They would only do that if they feared us like they do Muslims.

Comment

The ONLY reason the media isn't hard on Muslims is because they both hate Christians.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              The ONLY reason the media isn't hard on Muslims is because they both hate Christians.
                              That, and they don't seem to fear Christians like they do Muslims. Hmm, I wonder why that is?

Comment