Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Homosexual Double Standard, Ad-hoc, Cavalcade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mossrose
    replied
    I think Timeless is pointing out the inconsistencies in the homosexual rhetoric, not defending it.

Leave a comment:

• Tassman
    replied
    Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
    So what if homosexuality has an unusually high risk of HIV?
    True. Homosexual and bisexual men are at higher risk for infection. As well African Americans, Blacks, Latinos and Hispanics of any gender have higher rates of HIV. Individuals who use abuse drugs intravenously, as well as babies of HIV-positive mothers, are also at risk. So!

So what if it could be defined as abnormal? It's two men consenting! If they both consent to it, there's nothing wrong with it!
    It is not defined as “abnormal” by those that know. The American Psychological Association and related disciplines worldwide state that both heterosexual behaviour and homosexual behaviour are normal aspects of human sexuality. Both have been documented in many different cultures and historical eras.

Homosexual conversion therapy must be banned for the good of the LGBT community. So what if they consent to it? They just don't know the risks. They're probably brainwashed into doing it. It's dangerous to their health, and we must ban it! It doesn't matter if it's their choice or not!
    No, it must be banned because it's unnecessary, doesn't work and can be harmful. It is based upon the erroneous premise that homosexuality is a disorder. According to the APA it is not. Furthermore many Evangelical-based former proponents, such as Exodus International, now acknowledge that it doesn't work.

If a man was married before, and had sex with women before, but is now gay, then he was probably just in the closet this whole time.
    Possibly! Or perhaps attempting to conform to social conventions, the demands of his Church or possibly confused. Who knows.

We have to stop persecuting the gays, and help them to feel welcome!
    What gives you the right to persecute anybody?

If a man was married to another man before, and had sex with other men before, but now has sex with women, and is married to one, then he's probably just a brainwashed, self-hating, closet-gay. Shame on you evil homophobic idiots for brainwashing him like that! You're probably just all closet homosexuals yourself anyway!
    He is probably bi-sexual. But neither you nor I know nor is it up to you to prognosticate – especially in such a snide tone.

If a closet-gay comes out, and starts supporting the LGBT, good for him! Gays need to be treated with respect, and dignity, in this world that treats them as the opposite. No one deserves to be hated like the gays are hated!
    Why wouldn't we treat ALL our fellow citizens with respect, and dignity?

If a 'reformed' homosexual starts publicly condemning homosexuality, and the LGBT as evil and immoral, then I hope that hateful, bigot, gets run over by a bus!!! That still gay, closet-homosexual, is just a self-hating bigot. I HATE homophobic, self-hating bigots like him, and if I ever see him, I'm going to personally tell him that he's a loathsome piece of trash that should kill himself!!!!
    Such anger!

quote: Michael Bussey and Gary Cooper, the founders of Exodus International, a Church-based coalition of "ex-gay" ministries have denounced all such programs seeking to convert homosexuals into heterosexuals, according to articles in The Sentinel (2/2/90). Bussey remarked of the programs: "I had no success with them. I counselled...hundreds of people...who tried to change their sexual orientation, and none of them were successful….”

http://www.christianforums.com/t1647820/

Leave a comment:

• The Homosexual Double Standard, Ad-hoc, Cavalcade!

So what if homosexuality has an unusually high risk of HIV? So what if it could be defined as abnormal? It's two men consenting! If they both consent to it, there's nothing wrong with it!

Homosexual conversion therapy must be banned for the good of the LGBT community. So what if they consent to it? They just don't know the risks. They're probably brainwashed into doing it. It's dangerous to their health, and we must ban it! It doesn't matter if it's their choice or not!

-

If a man was married before, and had sex with women before, but is now gay, then he was probably just in the closet this whole time. We have to stop persecuting the gays, and help them to feel welcome!

If a man was married to another man before, and had sex with other men before, but now has sex with women, and is married to one, then he's probably just a brainwashed, self-hating, closet-gay. Shame on you evil homophobic idiots for brainwashing him like that! You're probably just all closet homosexuals yourself anyway!

-

If a closet-gay comes out, and starts supporting the LGBT, good for him! Gays need to be treated with respect, and dignity, in this world that treats them as the opposite. No one deserves to be hated like the gays are hated!

If a 'reformed' homosexual starts publicly condemning homosexuality, and the LGBT as evil and immoral, then I hope that hateful, bigot, gets run over by a bus!!! That still gay, closet-homosexual, is just a self-hating bigot. I HATE homophobic, self-hating bigots like him, and if I ever see him, I'm going to personally tell him that he's a loathsome piece of trash that should kill himself!!!!