Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ferguson police not stopping looting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferguson police not stopping looting??

The author of this article
    http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...n-friday-night
    claims that news reports show police did nothing to stop looting. 9-1-1 calls were ineffective. Business owners had to take measures on their own against the looting, some of which were pictured.

Can anyone confirm or disconfirm?
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Just from the little that I know, there are some times when a crisis like this turns from a "police" response to a "containment" response.

But, honestly, I don't know.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Confirm or deny.

Grammar nazi, at your service.

I've seen such reports on Fox but I didn't get any sources.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Confirm or deny.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The situation in St. Louis is Horrible. No the police are not in control at all. The Hwy patrol is supposed to have taken over because of the causation. The situation is horrific
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

They called in the National Guard. Personally, I'd have done that when Sharpton arrived...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Just from the little that I know, there are some times when a crisis like this turns from a "police" response to a "containment" response.
              You mean, the police was overwhelmed so could not respond to the looting?
              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                You mean, the police was overwhelmed so could not respond to the looting?
                I think there were a number of things going on, and many of them go back to the dipwad Governor. He did nothing to "transition" control to the State police, and the local cops were reportedly bitter that this was done without any coordination. Then the governor complains publicly about the "militarization" of the local police, yet he calls in the MILITARY (National Guard). I don't know if the local police expected the State police to handle the looting, or if there was ANY coordination at all --- it was a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Confirm or deny.

Ich danke euch, meine Herrin. Aber . . . I give up--now switching to English. But I would not expect any reader of this thread to be one who is correctly asked to confirm or deny.
                  Last edited by Truthseeker; 08-18-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Ich danke euch, meine Herrin. Aber . . . I give up--now switching to English. But I would not expect any reader of this thread to be the one who is correctly asked to confirm or deny.
                    How bout confirm or disprove?

Comment

Oh, I see, just plain incompetence, I guess. Danke, I mean, thanks!

Comment

Oh, I see, just plain incompetence, I guess. Danke, I mean, thanks!
                        On the part of the Governor, for sure, in my opinion, which caused a situation where nobody really knew who was in charge.

Comment

The article link in the OP states that gun sales are through the roof...so much for "You don't need a gun, the police are here to protect you" mantra...
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I should have written, prove or disprove?

Comment

I should have written, prove or disprove?
                              How bout......

wait for it......

believe it or not.jpg

Comment