Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Re: Michael Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    yeah. I wouldn't WANT to kill someone even if they did invade my home, but I would shoot center mass to stop them and would keep on shooting until they stopped and that usually ends up killing them. If they ran away I would not keep shooting. But I wouldn't try to "wing" them. Handguns are too inaccurate especially in stressful situations and a lot of times people can take a shot and not really even feel it because of the shock and just keep coming at you.
    EGGzackly... you don't want to try to "shoot the knife out of their hand" or anything stupid like that, or "shoot them in the leg" --- you shoot what you're most likely to hit under stress --- center mass.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      EGGzackly... you don't want to try to "shoot the knife out of their hand" or anything stupid like that, or "shoot them in the leg" --- you shoot what you're most likely to hit under stress --- center mass.

It's not stupid when the Lone Ranger does it.

But if you don't happen to be a legendary hero, it's stupid.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Interesting. And it makes sense. Do you have any idea what it paid? County jury for a regular trial is $6.00 a day in Texas. (I think they may have just increased that to $10.00 a day)
        I seem to recall it was something like $20/day. I think my work pays for jury leave though, so it wouldn't have hurt him financially.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You also don't know if there is anyone else in there with him. While he has you distracted, his partner might be getting ready to shoot you dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            It's not stupid when the Lone Ranger does it.
            Yeah, he gets a pass.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, he gets a pass.
              Any fictional character gets a pass. Real life ain't the movies.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                I seem to recall it was something like $20/day. I think my work pays for jury leave though, so it wouldn't have hurt him financially.
                On our jury forms (I have been called numerous times, but rarely have to serve) there's actually a place where you can check a box to donate your jury "pay" towards any one of a number of local charities. This probably supposes that many of the jurors are, indeed, getting paid by their workplace for the time away.

Comment

• I served as an alternate in back to back trials this past March. My work did pay w/o having to take leave. It was $10/day. I did not donate it - that leaves the county the impression they don't need to pay any better and they do.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah, he gets a pass.
                    Clearly that is just your Texan bias.
                    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      Any fictional character gets a pass. Real life ain't the movies.
                      *Sadly puts batarangs into drawer and goes off to sulk*

Meanie

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Meanie
                        This guy could do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          This guy could do it.

Impressive especially since fanning a gun is notoriously inaccurate.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Meanie
                            You aren't a rich orphan genius detective skilled in martial arts!
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Meaner meanie

Comment

That's no reason to crush his dreams...

He lives in Georgia - the only thing he's gonna take on with those things is an inebriated possum... Let him alone... He'll learn when the possum bites him...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment