Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama not sharing intelligence with Nigeria due to their gay marriage ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama not sharing intelligence with Nigeria due to their gay marriage ban

Original source is WND so take with a small pinch of salt.

http://www.americanconservativedaily...-marriage-ban/

“We have information that would help the Nigerian military take back their country and get back those girls,” Stockman told World Net Daily earlier this month. “The mistake on our side – the United States’ side – is that we have laws preventing us from sharing that information with the Nigerian military. And one of the reasons is that we don’t like some of the social policy of the Nigerian government.”

An unnamed source told World Net Daily that the specific policy in question was Nigeria’s ban on same-sex “marriage,” which makes it a crime to enter into any sort of formalized homosexual union, or to in any way assist with one. (Emphasis added)
    Bathhouse Barack reminding us once again why gays were kept in the closet.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

wow
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The administration's policy is moronic if not gravely immoral. That said, Nigeria has more laws in place than just a ban on gay marriage-- specifically, a law modeled after Uganda's anti-gay law. I'm not sure where that fact got lost in this story, and it doesn't justify what the administration is allegedly doing, but it's not a completely insignificant fact.
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
        The administration's policy is moronic if not gravely immoral. That said, Nigeria has more laws in place than just a ban on gay marriage-- specifically, a law modeled after the Old Testament. I'm not sure where that fact got lost in this story, and it doesn't justify what the administration is allegedly doing, but it's not a completely insignificant fact.
        Fixed. Also, I highly doubt Boko Haram would be more lenient than the current laws so I don't see why this would even be a factor.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          Fixed. Also, I highly doubt Boko Haram would be more lenient than the current laws so I don't see why this would even be a factor.
          Because liberals are incredibly inconsistent and think they know what's best for everybody.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Because liberals are incredibly inconsistent and think they know what's best for everybody.
            "Liberalism-Ideas so good, they're mandatory."
            Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I think that deep inside they just enjoy the thought that the daughter of a homophobe may be getting raped/genitally mutilated. Serves the bigots right and all that.
              Last edited by Darth Executor; 08-17-2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment