Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Someone Had Say It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone Had Say It...

Kudos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTUqOBJsRdg
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Yeah
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

First comment (by Nic Fury): "This Johnathan Gentry person doesn't deserve life. And if he has any kids, it is best they grow up without a father.because they are more likely to turn out better." What garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
        First comment (by Nic Fury): "This Johnathan Gentry person doesn't deserve life. And if he has any kids, it is best they grow up without a father.because they are more likely to turn out better." What garbage.
        I guess the truth hurts! Someone else called him an uncle Tom. How unoriginal...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

He's correct that rioting and looting isn't a good approach. But that doesn't at all justify the police force's blatant abuse of power and disregard for constitutional rights and human dignity. Nor does it make any logical sense for this one person's experience to be taken as representative of the entire African-American population's experience. He hasn't had any negative and unjust encounters with the police? Good for him. Doesn't change the fact that many, many other African-Americans have had such encounters and were mistreated.

I'm also curious as to who he's interacting with, because no civil rights leader I know of has claimed that black slavery still exists. He almost seems to be presenting a caricature. And after all that, I still have no clue what he means by "we need to change as black people."
          Last edited by fm93; 08-14-2014, 03:07 PM.
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
            He's correct that rioting and looting isn't a good approach. But that doesn't at all justify the police force's blatant abuse of power and disregard for constitutional rights and human dignity. Nor does it make any logical sense for this one person's experience to be taken as representative of the entire African-American population's experience. He hasn't had any negative and unjust encounters with the police? Good for him. Doesn't change the fact that many, many other African-Americans have had such encounters and been mistreated.
            Well we would not have had all these days of looting if they shot looters on sight from the get go. That would have been the just thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Well we would not have had all these days of looting if they shot looters on sight from the get go. That would have been the just thing to do.
              It's not just that... the police are going after journalists. At least five have been detained. They even arrested a St. Louis City Alderman for the "crime" of recording what was going on. The Ferguson Police Chief was caught off guard when he found out this was going on and was upset. He doesn't have control of the situation.

The ultimate screwball goes to Anonymous, who posted on Twitter a name that was supposedly the police officer who fired the fatal shot. The problem was that the name was completely wrong.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                That's an odd way of saying "That would've been the monstrous, most inhumane thing to do."

SHOOT looters on sight? That's outrageous, and I'm honestly appalled that you think that course of action constitutes justice or anything remotely within the realm of proper action and morality. The police were throwing tear gas canisters and smoke bombs into people's yards. This is a blatant overstepping of boundaries and abuse of power.
                Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

Comment

That's an odd way of saying "That would've been the monstrous, most inhumane thing to do."

SHOOT looters on sight? That's outrageous, and I'm honestly appalled that you think that course of action constitutes justice or anything remotely within the realm of proper action and morality. The police were throwing tear gas canisters and smoke bombs into people's yards. This is a blatant overstepping of boundaries and abuse of power.
                  Defense of person and property is not in any way monstrous. It is not at all outrageous to shoot looters when caught in the act. In fact that has been the norm in times and places past.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I could see myself sparing looters on account that they're usually little better than animals and I feel bad about shooting a bear going through my trash. I don't see myself sparing people like you from capital punishment though.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

<3 u 2 darth

Comment

What are you talking about? Of course it is just to shoot looters to protect property. What is wrong with you, have you lost all sense of right and wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by darth executor View Post
                          i could see myself sparing looters on account that they're usually little better than animals and i feel bad about shooting a bear going through my trash. I don't see myself sparing people like you from capital punishment though.
                          lol...

Comment

That's an odd way of saying The police were throwing tear gas canisters and smoke bombs into people's yards. This is a blatant overstepping of boundaries and abuse of power.
                            Unless you are there and know the whole story, you are just talking out of your rear end.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It looks like this kid robbed a store and punched out the clerk, this is why the cops were looking for him.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...uson-teenager/

Comment