Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Someone Had Say It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, AFTER Obama shoots off his mouth, we get more info.....
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Apparently a few years ago, the Ferguson Police Department arrested the wrong guy, beat him, then charged him for getting blood on their uniforms, and proceeded with the charges even knowing he was the wrong guy. This looks like a rotten department. They are not getting much of any benefit of the doubt from me.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...loody-lie.html
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Apparently a few years ago, the Ferguson Police Department arrested the wrong guy, beat him, then charged him for getting blood on their uniforms, and proceeded with the charges even knowing he was the wrong guy. This looks like a rotten department. They are not getting much of any benefit of the doubt from me.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...loody-lie.html
        If so, they definitely need a "clean house". One of the Police Departments I used to deal with (neighboring department, so it was "mutual aid" "partner") had the reputation of not arresting anybody unless they could beat them up or shoot them. One time I took a prisoner to them on a warrant by their department, and was introduced to the drinking fountain that many prisoners "trip and fall into" on the way to the jail cell. They were quite proud of that, and it made me sick. I really felt guilty handing over a prisoner to them.

ETA: AND, quite honestly, after that when I had somebody in custody who had a warrant from them, unless it was a violent crime or something, I would issue a "desk appearance ticket" and tell them to go turn themselves in.
        Last edited by Cow Poke; 08-15-2014, 12:31 PM.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Unless you are there and know the whole story, you are just talking out of your rear end.
          We have reports and pictures from witnesses via social media, since the police forbade news media from taking footage.

https://twitter.com/ReaganGomez/stat...43187305381888
          @ReaganGomez So you and your children go home to avoid the tear gas and they throw it in your front yard.

https://twitter.com/rembert/status/499735536702332928
          @rembert they shot tear gas canisters at us. we all ran. I fell and my phone broke. Tweeting from someone else's phone. Jesus Christ.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/499739956064317440
          @bubbaprog VIDEO: This is not Iraq. This is not Syria, Egypt, or Palestine. This is the United States.

Also, here's an account from a WaPo reporter who was arrested.
          http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...washingtonpost
          Last edited by fm93; 08-15-2014, 01:04 PM.
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            What are you talking about? Of course it is just to shoot looters to protect property. What is wrong with you, have you lost all sense of right and wrong?
            Do you know what "shoot on sight" means? You think it's a just act to shoot someone who appears to be stealing as soon as you see him/her, without warning or any other attempt to shoo him/her away?
            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
              Do you know what "shoot on sight" means? You think it's a just act to shoot someone who appears to be stealing as soon as you see him/her, without warning or any other attempt to shoo him/her away?
              NOT that I am justifying "shoot on sight", but when people are smashing windows and filling the backs of their pickup trucks and trunks of their cars with stuff taken from the venue whose windows they just smashed, it's a lot more than "appears to be stealing". And... "shooo them away"?

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                Well yes, if you did this a few times the looting would have ended right away. No body is going to stop if they get shooed away - they just go to the next store. And what do you mean "appears to be stealing." You see someone walking out of a broken window of a Best Buy with a TV there is no "appear" about it.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  What are you talking about? Of course it is just to shoot looters to protect property. What is wrong with you, have you lost all sense of right and wrong?
                  Amen.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    NOT that I am justifying "shoot on sight", but when people are smashing windows and filling the backs of their pickup trucks and trunks of their cars with stuff taken from the venue whose windows they just smashed, it's a lot more than "appears to be stealing". And... "shooo them away"?
                    Amen for you too.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment