Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Malaysian couple arrested for smacking children in Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysian couple arrested for smacking children in Sweden

According to sources, the couple were detained by Swedish authorities in Stockholm last December, after a report was made by one of their children to a teacher, who consequently reported them to the Swedish police.

In Sweden, the law states that "a child may not be subjected to physical punishment or other injurious or humiliating treatment".

However, in Malaysia, there is a clearer understanding between spanking as a corrective tool for children and physical abuse.

It is learnt the couple appeared in court on Thursday and their remand period has been extended for another two weeks.
    The couple's children are in the care of the Swedish social welfare authorities and were reported to be unhappy living in the home of a non-Muslim foster family.

The eldest of the four, who only wished to be known as Aisyah, 14, said she and her three brothers, aged 12, 11 and 7, had been staying with the foster family, as arranged by Swedish social services after their parents were detained on Dec 18.

Aisyah said they were not happy staying at the foster home, as the family kept a dog."They also eat food that is not halal.

Although they do not feed us non-halal food, we share the crockery and kitchen utensils."

Aisyah said they were not allowed to meet relatives from Malaysia, nor were they allowed to meet with their parents.

She said a week after their parents' arrest, their relatives from Malaysia visited Sweden to meet her and her brothers, but were not allowed to do so by Swedish authorities.
    http://malaysiandigest.com/news/4845...dish-case.html

Sweden has lost its collective mind. Incidentally, there are Malaysian terrorists - y'all may wanna re-think the international implications...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

1. Sweden's law, by the looks of it, is pretty retarded. Which is not surprising, since it is Sweden.
      2. Liberals are evil.
      3. Stupid or not, it IS Sweden's law and should be obeyed.

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Sweden has lost its collective mind. Incidentally, there are Malaysian terrorists - y'all may wanna re-think the international implications...
      Sounds like a good argument to ban all immigration from Malaysia.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

1) Granted.
        2) I'm trying to cut down.
        3) Granted, but was the airport clearly labeled? Ignorance may be no excuse but only morons don't recognize it as mitigating. Of course, we are talking about Sweden so ...
        4) Better for showing some 'international cross-cultural sensitivity' and not causing incidents that tend to inflame radicals.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

So, how do you punish a kid in Sweden? Anything could be considered "humiliating". Even removal of privileges and time out. Those might "injure" junior's psyche.
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            3) Granted, but was the airport clearly labeled? Ignorance may be no excuse but only morons don't recognize it as mitigating. Of course, we are talking about Sweden so ...
            While I can understand why this might fall under "not common sense", I think immigrants have a duty to learn about the ways of their host country in order to avoid problems. It's not like Sweden's nauseating liberalism isn't internationally infamous. I don't think the opposite is true though. While it might be a good idea for a host country to explain these things to immigrants just in case, I think the government has a duty not to bring in people who might cause trouble in the first place.

4) Better for showing some 'international cross-cultural sensitivity' and not causing incidents that tend to inflame radicals.
            The Malays should show some cultural sensitivity and not hit their kids in Sweden lest the Swedes gear up in historically inaccurate viking helms and battle axes then proceed to load up on their longboats and burn Malaysia to the ground.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment