Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Perfidious charities, Catholic and Protestant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which you have yet to do in any capacity, mainly because you're unable to make a distinction between active conspiracy and passive collusion, between leads and evidence, and between truth and lies. You and Spartacus cannot discuss the issue because you redefine words and terms on the fly while utterly failing to deal with the claims in any manner that indicates you have any experience with the issues involved.
    Oh I see. So now it's "passive collusion". Of course the term conspiracy means collusion of any type. Hey I know, since we are now just making things up, let's call it "passive conspiracy".

Oh I would love to talk about immigration problems. But the problem is, I want to talk about it seriously. Not using factless conjecture and VDare conspiracies. I will happily give you that you probably know more about conspiracy issues than I do. I take very little stock in them so naturally I don't waste my time reading them.

You can now go on to continue to believe you are saving the world against Spartacus and I. Something you might want to look up is "delusions of grandeur". Because I fear that you being a blade, are really too dull to cut through your own B.S.
    Last edited by Jesse; 08-16-2014, 12:30 AM.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
      Oh I see. So now it's "passive collusion". Of course the term conspiracy means collusion of any type.
      No, not really. "To conspire" generally implies a meeting or conversation of actual humans with each other, face to face or electronically.

Hey I know, since we are now just making things up, let's call it "passive conspiracy".
      Makes about as much sense as "White Hispanic" in context.

Oh I would love to talk about immigration problems. But the problem is, I want to talk about it seriously.
      No you don't. The first step in taking it seriously is finding reports from people on the ground, and the media has absolutely no interest or motivation to do so. If you can't follow the money, how can you ever expect to even begin to find the truth? You can't even bother to research something as basic as riot control and the logistics of calling out the National Guard, why should I expect you to be qualified to figure out more complicated scams when Upworthy is probably your most sophisticated news source and personal inspiration?

Not using factless conjecture and VDare conspiracies. I will happily give you that you probably know more about conspiracy issues than I do. I take very little stock in them so naturally I don't waste my time reading them.
      Translation from the misused Big Words: you're trying very hard to use the word CONSPIRACY in the wrong context because you know it's generally associated with Disreputable Tin-Foil-Hat-Wearing Individuals, so you're trying to stick it on VDare by any means necessary. Fun trick! Too bad it doesn't work on me.

You can now go on to continue to believe you are saving the world against Spartacus and I. Something you might want to look up is "delusions of grandeur". Because I fear that you being a blade, are really too dull to cut through your own B.S.
      Smacking people in the back of the head with the blunt end of the blade can be just as fun as skewering them, and the best part is you can keep doing it over and over again if they insist on challenging you unworthily. I foresee many such smackdowns in the near future, each more satisfying than the last.

Comment