Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Perfidious charities, Catholic and Protestant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    The title of the article implies that Catholic Charities is laundering federal money intended for refugees to pay for abuse settlements. If true, Catholic Charities would most likely be disqualified from any federal funding whatsoever: this story would be on the front page of every major paper. This blog post is close to 2 years old, and I know of no major paper that has reported on this alleged scandal.

I ask for an argument and get a bucketful of horse crap.
    Have you considered who owns the second largest controlling interest in the New York Times, and why he may have an interest in keeping immigration stories on the back-burner? Never, EVER say "this story would be on the front page of every major paper" in an age of liberal controlled media. They, or their owners, will most certainly be reticent about both reporting and following up on stories that are bad for their paychecks, which is why you're reading it in Vdare and not the NYT.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
      Have you considered who owns the second largest controlling interest in the New York Times, and why he may have an interest in keeping immigration stories on the back-burner? Never, EVER say "this story would be on the front page of every major paper" in an age of liberal controlled media. They, or their owners, will most certainly be reticent about both reporting and following up on stories that are bad for their paychecks, which is why you're reading it in Vdare and not the NYT.
      It's not often that a post actually makes me laugh out loud. This one did. If there's one thing the mainstream media LOVES reporting on, it's the church and sex abuse. If this accusation about Catholic charities somehow laundering federal funding for refugees to pay for abuse settlements is so unsubstantiated that not even the mainstream media will print it, I think I'm pretty safe in dismissing it as so much fertilizer.

Furthermore, the idea that charities eligible for federal funding will attempt by any means available to them to secure as much of it as possible will surprise absolutely no one, and publicizing that fact will cause no scandal whatsoever, and certainly do no harm to those in favor of liberalizing our immigration laws. If it's being buried, it's because it's a non-story.
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

It's not often that a post actually makes me laugh out loud. This one did. If there's one thing the mainstream media LOVES reporting on, it's the church and sex abuse. If this accusation about Catholic charities somehow laundering federal funding for refugees to pay for abuse settlements is so unsubstantiated that not even the mainstream media will print it, I think I'm pretty safe in dismissing it as so much fertilizer.
        And I think you're over-rating your understanding of the media. Are you trying to tell me that the richest man in the world has absolutely no interest in keeping immigration issues on the back burner, and the media has no tendency to unite in burying stories that harsh their narrative? Oh, wait a minute:

Furthermore, the idea that charities eligible for federal funding will attempt by any means available to them to secure as much of it as possible will surprise absolutely no one, and publicizing that fact will cause no scandal whatsoever, and certainly do no harm to those in favor of liberalizing our immigration laws. If it's being buried, it's because it's a non-story.
        So, basically, your first inclination is to say THE SORDID ALLEGATIONS ARE FALSE, I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN, AND THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER IS JUST A SEEDY TABLOID, BECAUSE ITS STORIES ARE NEVER REPEATED BY THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA, while your next inclination is to say THOSE UPTIGHT PURITANICAL CONSERVATIVES, BELIEVING IN 'MORALITY', 'DECORUM,' AND 'DISINTEREST', DON'T THEY ALREADY KNOW EVERYBODY DOES IT, WHY THE HELL DO THEY HAVE TO KEEP BRINGING UP A STORY ABSOLUTELY NO ONE IS INTERESTED IN?

You have mastered the liberal mindset, there is no teaching you anything more. Go get a job in DC on Hillary Clinton's reelection committee.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
          And I think you're over-rating your understanding of the media. Are you trying to tell me that the richest man in the world has absolutely no interest in keeping immigration issues on the back burner, and the media has no tendency to unite in burying stories that harsh their narrative? Oh, wait a minute:

So, basically, your first inclination is to say THE SORDID ALLEGATIONS ARE FALSE, I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN, AND THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER IS JUST A SEEDY TABLOID, BECAUSE ITS STORIES ARE NEVER REPEATED BY THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA, while your next inclination is to say THOSE UPTIGHT PURITANICAL CONSERVATIVES, BELIEVING IN 'MORALITY', 'DECORUM,' AND 'DISINTEREST', DON'T THEY ALREADY KNOW EVERYBODY DOES IT, WHY THE HELL DO THEY HAVE TO KEEP BRINGING UP A STORY ABSOLUTELY NO ONE IS INTERESTED IN?

You have mastered the liberal mindset, there is no teaching you anything more. Go get a job in DC on Hillary Clinton's reelection committee.
          You're telling me that the Catholic Church is stealing money from the government and from refugees to pay off sex abuse victims, and that the media doesn't care.

L.

O.

L.
          Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

You're telling me that the Catholic Church is stealing money from the government and from refugees to pay off sex abuse victims, and that the media doesn't care.

L.

O.

L.
            Planned Parenthood promises not to use government money to fund abortions.
            PP uses that money to fund other things.
            More of their general funds are available to pay for abortions.

See what I'm getting at? The money doesn't even have to be to pay off sex abuse victims (nor would such a thing be any easier to trace than the above example). The fact remains that the Catholic Church profits financially from the evil act of de facto open borders, which it supports enthusiastically.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Money is fungible. You should understand what that means here.
              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

L.

O.

L.
                Well consider the source Spartacus. It's VDare he is getting his information from. There is a reason why no other media outlet is reporting on it. It would be foolish to take any of what is being said seriously.
                "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                  Well consider the source Spartacus. It's VDare he is getting his information from. There is a reason why no other media outlet is reporting on it. It would be foolish to take any of what is being said seriously.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    So lets throw out ad hominem because, shut up. Lets not point out that VDare is a conspiratorial site that claims they are not white nationalist, even though they admit they hire white nationalists. And so anything they say about race may be suspect. No no, lets instead pretend anyone who uses them as a source should be taken seriously.
                    Last edited by Jesse; 08-13-2014, 08:17 PM.
                    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

So lets throw out ad hominem because, shut up. Lets not point out that VDare is a conspiratorial site that claims they are not white nationalist, even though they admit they hire white nationalists. And so everything they say about other races my be suspect. No no, lets instead pretend anyone who uses them as a source should be taken seriously.
                      I saw this web site once. They claim they're not black even though they hire black people.

Comment

I saw this web site once. They claim they're not black even though they hire black people.
                        You didn't get hired?

Comment

I posted on this message board once. They claim they're not muslims even though they allow muslims to post there.

Comment

I posted on this message board once. They claim they're not muslims even though they allow muslims to post there.
                            So you ARE a Muslim, I knew it.

Comment

L.

O.

L.
                              The richest man in the world owns a controlling interest in the most influential newspaper in the world, and has a vested interest in minimizing and stories involving illegal immigration, by which he made and continues to make his fortune, and which is also an issue that most reporters, being liberal power fantasists with all-too-real ambition and organizations dedicated to influencing the Narrative, are heavily sympathetic to.

Yes, I most certainly do think that the motivations to attack Catholics in general is going to lose to the motivation to not offend your employers and to not give the other side ammunition in the immigration issue, which has been thoroughly hushed up whenever possible, and is only now being talked about because the media can't avoid it.

I know these people better than you. They're serious about their fight and you're not.
                              Last edited by Epoetker; 08-14-2014, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Said the puppet.

Comment