Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"I'm sorry, those emails were lost."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm sorry, those emails were lost."

Apparently now HHS has also "lost" emails that were pertinent to an ongoing investigation. Gee.

How in the world is this lame-ass excuse working? Does anybody actually buy this?

This is childish. It's a sad testament to the state of our justice system that this excuse goes anywhere, has any traction at all. When did the destruction of evidence suddenly become permissible?

What happened?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Well, Obama promised his administration would be the most transparent in history. And it's TRUE! You can see through all their goofy "dog ate my homework" excuses so clearly it's amazing!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You can't lose Exchange emails like that, especially how they are required to configure their email servers...
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        You can't lose Exchange emails like that, especially how they are required to configure their email servers...
        I can only think that the media doesn't WANT to report that, because even my dog knows that!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          That's what everything I've read (which includes the opinions of other IT experts) says. I just don't get why the dumbest excuse I've ever heard is apparently working so incredibly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            That's what everything I've read (which includes the opinions of other IT experts) says. I just don't get why the dumbest excuse I've ever heard is apparently working so incredibly well.
            MSM complicity.

Comment

I think that the current administration got tired of trying to answer the first few scandals, so they have created several more to try to make us forget about them all. It's their way of doing things now... make it so utterly unmanageable in order to not allow focus to remain on any one thing for too long...
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It's not so much people believing the excuse, it's that people don't want to believe the alternative. Government conspiracy theory and wrongdoing is often difficult to come to terms with, because if you can't trust government (especially such an imposing and powerful institution like the IRS), who or what can you trust.
                Last edited by seanD; 08-08-2014, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I read that apparently HHS thinks they can recover most of the emails. Stay tuned.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'm waiting for the news report on the people getting fired because the evidence has been lost. I'm not talking about Obama firing IT people but rather firing the people who benefit from the email being lost. If the people can't be fired, they should get advanced to supervisor of landscaping. If Obama is a great leader, he can take control of the situation and act swiftly.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      It's not so much people believing the excuse, it's that people don't want to believe the alternative. Government conspiracy theory and wrongdoing is often difficult to come to terms with, because if you can't trust government (especially such an imposing and powerful institution like the IRS), who or what can you trust.
                      Get with the times. (Or, at least, with CNN)

Source: CNN

CNN Poll: Trust in government at all-time low
                      Washington (CNN) – Four decades after President Richard Nixon resigned, a slight majority of Americans still consider Watergate a very serious matter, a new national survey shows. But how serious depends on when you were born.

The CNN/ORC International poll's release comes one day before the 40th anniversary of Nixon's resignation on August 9, 1974. With the Watergate scandal escalating, the second-term Republican president had lost much of his political backing, and he faced almost certain impeachment and the prospects of being removed from office by a Democratic-dominated House and Senate.

There's a big generational divide over the significance of the scandal, with a majority of those older than 40 describing Watergate as a very serious problem and those under 40 saying it was just politics.

The poll also indicates that the public's trust in government is at an all-time low.

Just 13% of Americans say the government can be trusted to do what is right always or most of the time, with just over three-quarters saying only some of the time and one in 10 saying they never trust the government, according to the poll.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        I read that apparently HHS thinks they can recover most of the emails. Stay tuned.
                        I read that as a stall tactic to maybe keep the heat of somebody who was SUPPOSED to salvage these emails.

Comment

If you're caught doing something wrong, why, just destroy the evidence! It's brilliant! Why hasn't anybody else thought of this before?

Comment

If you're caught doing something wrong, why, just destroy the evidence! It's brilliant! Why hasn't anybody else thought of this before?
                            And then declare there's not even a SMIDGEN of corruption! After all, your very own attorney general is looking out for you -- i mean ... looking into the situation!

Comment

An ethical midge runs around saying "not a smidge of corruption."
                              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment