Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

US Finally Intervening in Iraq -- or NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Finally Intervening in Iraq -- or NOT

Source: NYTimes

WASHINGTON — Airstrikes on towns in northern Iraq seized by Islamist militants began late Thursday in what Kurdish and Iraqi officials called the first stage of an American-led intervention to blunt the militants’ advance and provide emergency aid to tens of thousands of refugeeds.

The Pentagon firmly denied that American forces had begun a bombing campaign. But Pentagon officials said it was possible that allies of the United States, either the Iraqi or Turkish militaries, had conducted the bombing.

Kurdish and Iraqi officials attributed the bombing campaign to American forces. An announcement on Kurdish television of what was described as an American intervention prompted street celebrations and horn-honking by residents of towns under seige by the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

They are monitoring the situation...and making plenty of denouncements.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      They are monitoring the situation...and making plenty of denouncements.
      Perhaps it's time for a couple rounds of golf, several fund-raisers, a speech attacking the Republicans, then a serious "study" of the situation?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Perhaps it's time for a couple rounds of golf, several fund-raisers, a speech attacking the Republicans, then a serious "study" of the situation?
        Those have to wait for Kerry's scathing speech...
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

-cry of frustration-

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Don't forget: Kerry also has to meet with top officials, we know how well that went in Vietnam....
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              Don't forget: Kerry also has to meet with top officials, we know how well that went in Vietnam....
              I'm thinking Kerry won't get a Christmas card from Netanyahu this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I'm thinking Kerry won't get a Christmas card from Netanyahu this year.
                I don't think anybody will be.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

US aircraft have conducted a strike, yes A strike, against an ISIS artillery location. That should show them, hey President Obama?
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Here are a Muslim people that really like America, and I believe they were our allies in both world wars. Why we don't help them in every way we can is beyond me. Help them establish a Kurdish independent state.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

John Kerry was overheard yelling "Pew Pew Pew Pew" like a laser...
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

US aircraft have conducted a strike, yes A strike, against an ISIS artillery location. That should show them, hey President Obama?
                          In his announcement, he seemed scared to death of his liberal supporters in his denouncing of any possibility there would be troops on the ground. He is constantly telling our enemies exactly what he will not do, when we will leave, etc.

Comment

Two more loooooong years...
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I suppose you could have leveled a couple city blocks and took out a few civilians collaterally. Would that have made you happier?

Comment