Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ann Coulter goes there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    "If America falls, it will be one hundred years of darkness"

Really? Like.....really?
    Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post

Really? Like.....really?
      Those are Coulter's words, not Mohler's.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Those are Coulter's words, not Mohler's.
        I know.....
        Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post

Really? Like.....really?
          That's Coulter's line. It's also not far from the truth.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Idiotic whining that doesn't actually address any of the points with any discernible specifics. Probably because he doesn't even understand what issues the original article took with these mission trips in the first place.

"Dr. Mohler has been recognized by such influential publications as Time and Christianity Today as a leader among American evangelicals. In fact, Time.com called him the “reigning intellectual of the evangelical movement in the U.S.”

God help us.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              That's Coulter's line. It's also not far from the truth.
              Yeah, it pretty much is.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Pretty sad when the type of Christian that this world needs, actually follows what Christ taught, gets his calling called into question by such a harpy. And it makes news.
                "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Idiotic whining that doesn't actually address any of the points with any discernible specifics. Probably because he doesn't even understand what issues the original article took with these mission trips in the first place.

"Dr. Mohler has been recognized by such influential publications as Time and Christianity Today as a leader among American evangelicals. In fact, Time.com called him the “reigning intellectual of the evangelical movement in the U.S.”

God help us.
                  I'm not sure I would call him an intellectual. He certainly hasn't acquitted himself well in the Counterpoints book I read him in. I find myself disagreeing with him more than not, but this just didn't happen to be one of them.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Just assuming for a moment Coulter was serious and not trolling, I'd suggest she seeks to have it both ways by blasting the moral state of America yet by asserting that America has not yet "fallen".

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                      Pretty sad when the type of Christian that this world needs, actually follows what Christ taught, gets his calling called into question by such a harpy. And it makes news.
                      If I remember rightly, Christ pretty much said that Christians should expect that kind of thing.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Just assuming for a moment Coulter was serious and not trolling, I'd suggest she seeks to have it both ways by blasting the moral state of America yet by asserting that America has not yet "fallen".
                        A sick man has not yet fallen, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                          Yeah, Christianity is in serious need of more idiots who run off to patch someone else's mud hut while their house is burning.

Comment

Yeah, Christianity is in serious need of more idiots who run off to patch someone else's mud hut while their house is burning.
                            I don't see you personally doing anything yourself other than posting rants that blatantly violate Ephesians 4:29 in spirit

Comment

There is some truth in that statement, but it pre-supposes that the person has the capacity to do something about the state of his own house.
                              The person whose skills do not allow him to work effectively in one place while being eminently suited to another could be considered to be in the right place when his skills can be put to good use.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                                There is some truth in that statement, but it pre-supposes that the person has the capacity to do something about the state of his own house.
                                The person whose skills do not allow him to work effectively in one place while being eminently suited to another could be considered to be in the right place when his skills can be put to good use.
                                Rod Dreher posted today that she had a point insofar as that many people do pass up such opportunities closer to home in order to volunteer in more exotic locations, though while disagreeing with the rest of what she wrote.

Comment