Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Women ordered to stop praying inside mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women ordered to stop praying inside mall

Source

Originally posted by Fox News
    A few weeks ago the Dublin Girls had gathered inside the local mall for an evening power walk. They formed a small circle and as they had done many times before, they bowed their heads to petition the Almighty.
    But before one of the runners could say, “Lord Jesus,” she was interrupted by a mall cop barreling down a corridor.
    “The security guard came running toward us and said, ‘You are not allowed to pray at the mall. That’s against the policy,’” Tammy told me.
    So, of course, the media picked it up. Now, the mall is well within its rights - but this is a really, really stupid way to do business, especially in Georgia.

My favorite part is that the mall isn't answering reporter's calls. The one time they did it was to say 'no comment'. Hire a PR person before you go out of business, sheesh!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Maybe they are afraid people will pray for lower prices and then there goes their profit.

Comment

The owner is a Fundy atheist?
      -The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.
      Sir James Jeans

-This most beautiful system (The Universe) could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.All variety of created objects which represent order and Life in the Universe could happen only by the willful reasoning of its original Creator, whom I call the Lord God.
      Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

What a great way for them to get themselves boycotted by the entire religious community.

They want to ban people from proselytizing? That's sad, but I at least understand the motivation. But an outright ban on prayer is overly aggressive and frankly hostile towards the religious community. Sounds like a terrible way to run a business.
        "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Source

So, of course, the media picked it up. Now, the mall is well within its rights - but this is a really, really stupid way to do business, especially in Georgia.

My favorite part is that the mall isn't answering reporter's calls. The one time they did it was to say 'no comment'. Hire a PR person before you go out of business, sheesh!
          I bet if they were wearing burqas this wouldn't have happened.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            oh they should try that and see what happens. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              oh they should try that and see what happens. LOL.

Yes wearing burqas and praising Jesus! Hehe, that would blow their minds, they wouldn't know what to do!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Sad but true. Still can't wrap my head around how it's PC to be anti-Christian, but not PC to be anti-Islam.
                "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

I bet the guard is the one who went off the deep end. I knew of someone who did really off the wall stuff. I can't share details... trust me, it was totally bizarre. All the higherups were facepalming while doing damage control.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                    Sad but true. Still can't wrap my head around how it's PC to be anti-Christian, but not PC to be anti-Islam.
                    prince of darkness
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      I bet the guard is the one who went off the deep end. I knew of someone who did really off the wall stuff. I can't share details... trust me, it was totally bizarre. All the higherups were facepalming while doing damage control.
                      No such luck...from the article:

The ladies thought the security guard was simply mistaken so they asked him to call the mall manager. It turns out – the security guard was not mistaken.
                      “The mall manager verified that prayer is not allowed at the mall because this is private property,” she said

However, it IS private property and I agree they have the right to not allow it if they wish...I just wonder how many people will not go there now because of that...there may be an investment opportunity soon in Dublin, GA...
                      Last edited by Littlejoe; 08-05-2014, 06:19 PM.
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                        No such luck...from the article:

The ladies thought the security guard was simply mistaken so they asked him to call the mall manager. It turns out – the security guard was not mistaken.
                        “The mall manager verified that prayer is not allowed at the mall because this is private property,” she said
                        I'd love to see some Muslims take to the floor! I bet the media would be all over that!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is the part that really got me:

Source: Fox News

They won’t even allow patrons to ask God to bless General Tso’s chicken at the food court’s Chong Wah Express.

“I said, sir, are you saying that people who eat in the food court can’t bow their heads and pray?” she said. “He said, ‘No ma’am.’ That’s exactly what he said.”

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Seriously??? Why do they care??? Is it really any different than talking on a cellphone? Except the only thing in common is the communication part...
                            How would they know if someone was praying silently and not giving any external cues that they were praying?
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Whoever made this rule is probably one of the many liberals who believes in tolerance, equality and diversity for all who believe exactly as they do.

Comment