Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Still No Global Warming For 17 Years 10 Months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 years of annual temperatures is too short a period to conclude the long term trends of global warming. In that period we did have the world record average temperature including average annual higher temperature then the previous record keeping history. The trends over a longer period clearly indicate global warming, shifts of rainfall to dryer conditions in the temperate zones near deserts increasing the desert regions and semiarid regions impacting world agriculture, and rising ocean water temperatures.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
      The Texas GOP seems to have its priorities straight, at least. Uncharacteristic, but intriguing, for Republicans.
      Thanks for the video. Wish I had your educashun.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Study: Earth was warmer in Roman, Medieval times

From the Daily Caller:

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
          It certainly does not; it was not "critical thinking" that was being taught: that term was part of the deceptive mis-terming of what was being presented.
          Amen.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

All the things included in your post ― however deceptively termed to sound wholesome and desirable ― are in reality designed to destroy relationships between students and their parents and their Christian upbringing. The results? Children and teenagers disillusioned, drug-adicted, pregnant out of wedlock, in legal trouble, etc., etc.
            One reason that you look to pseudoscience for comfort is that Christianity celebrates ignorance. -
            [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). 2 Corinthians 10:4,5”
            ― (the exceptionally wealthy) Joyce Meyer, Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

One reason that you look to pseudoscience for comfort is that Christianity celebrates ignorance. -
              [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). 2 Corinthians 10:4,5”
              My~y my. Reading comprehension fail. How so very ordinary.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                My~y my. Reading comprehension fail. How so very ordinary.
                Feel free to explain what you mean.

Comment

CO2 data might fit the IPCC hypothesis, but it doesn’t fit reality

From Watts Up With That?

Introduction:
                  CO2 data might fit the IPCC hypothesis, but it doesn’t fit reality

Posted on August 5, 2014 by Anthony Watts

Opinion by Dr. Tim Ball
                  I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. – Arthur Conan Doyle. (Sherlock Holmes)

Create The Facts You Want.

In a comment about the WUWT articleThe Record of recent Man-made CO2 emissions: 1965-2013”, Pamela Gray, graphically but pointedly, summarized the situation.
                  When will we finally truly do the math? The anthropogenic only portion of atmospheric CO2, let alone China’s portion, does not have the cojones necessary to make one single bit of “weather” do a damn thing different. Take out just the anthropogenic CO2 and rerun the past 30 years of weather. The exact same weather pattern variations would have occurred. Or maybe because of the random nature of weather we would have had it worse. Or it could have been much better. Now do something really ridiculous and take out just China’s portion. I know, the post isn’t meant to paint China as the bad guy. But. Really? Really? All this for something so tiny you can’t find it? Not even in a child’s balloon?

The only quibble I have is that the amount illustrates the futility of the claims, as Gray notes, but the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are focused on trends and attribution. It must have a human cause and be steadily increasing, or, as they prefer – getting worse.

[BIG snip]

Conclusion:
                  The Truth Will Out.

How much longer will the IPCC continue to produce CO2 data with trends to fit their hypothesis that temperature will continue to rise? How much longer before the public become aware of Gray’s colorful observation that, “The anthropogenic only portion of atmospheric CO2, let alone China’s portion, does not have the cojones necessary to make one single bit of “weather” do a damn thing different.” The almost 18-year leveling and slight reduction in global temperature is essentially impossible based on IPCC assumptions. One claim is already made that the hiatus doesn’t negate their science or projections, instead of acknowledging it, along with failed predictions completely rejects their fear mongering.

IPCC and EPA have already shown that being wrong or being caught doesn’t matter. The objective is the scary headline, enhanced by the constant claim it is getting worse at an increasing rate, and time is running out. Aldous Huxley said, “Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” We must make sure they are real and not ignored.
                  Last edited by John Reece; 08-05-2014, 09:46 AM.

Comment

What pause? The intensity of tropical cyclones hitting East Asia has significantly increased over the past 30 years, according to a new study published (15th January 2014).

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2014-01-highlig...lones.html#jCp

In a society where anything not explained by science is explained by God, to denigrate science is to promote religion. – AronRa.

176 climate science myths you don’t know about.
                    http://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      What pause?
                      The pause reported by the Chairman of the IPCC here.

Your question above was a gambit to take my thread off-topic.

Please cease and desist from taking my threads off-topic.

I have made this request several times before in another thread.

Do it one more time in any of my threads, and I will request that you be barred from posting in any of my threads.

Moderators: please note this request.

Comment

Your question above was a gambit to take my thread off-topic.
                        Wrong again Mr Reece. I just wish you would look further than your nose but ban away if you must.

“The IPCC communications office tells Skeptical Science that The Australian has not provided a transcript or audio file of the interview for verification, but it does not accurately represent Pachauri's thoughts on the subject - namely that as discussed in this post, global surface temperatures have plateaued (though over the past decade, not 17 years), and that this in no way disproves global warming.”

http://www.skepticalscience.com/aust...l-warming.html

Comment

Wrong again Mr Reece. I just wish you would look further than your nose but ban away if you must.

“The IPCC communications office tells Skeptical Science that The Australian has not provided a transcript or audio file of the interview for verification, but it does not accurately represent Pachauri's thoughts on the subject - namely that as discussed in this post, global surface temperatures have plateaued (though over the past decade, not 17 years), and that this in no way disproves global warming.”

http://www.skepticalscience.com/aust...l-warming.html
                          I wonder about your intelligence if you equate that with what I referred to as off-topic in my prior post.

That is on topic, but that is not what you posted before, and not what I referred to as off-topic.

So, my request that you not take my threads off-topic stands, and I will request that you be barred from posting in any of my threads if you do so one more time.

Pachauri's admission in The Australian is just icing on the cake; it is far from being the only basis for the fact that there has been more than a decade and a half pause in global surface temperature, according to a number of scientific studies or measurements, though one such study/measurement limits the pause to 10 years.

Regardless of which study/measurement one accepts ― 10 years, 15 years, 17 years ― none such was predicted or projected by any of the IPCC reports; which indicates that the IPCC reports are not reliable predictions or projections ― certainly not reliable enough to warrant the entire agenda of destroying the capitalist system.

Comment

Christianity celebrates ignorance. - . . .
                            Talk about ignorance . . .

Or is it just intentional lying?
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

... the entire agenda of destroying the capitalist system.
                              It is precisely because business as usual is at risk that climate change has to be taken seriously. The problem to be solved is sustainability.

Comment

Sorry, John, about responding to him.

Comment