Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Thomas The Tank Engine Is a Racist, Sexist, And Anti-environmentalist.....Apparently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TimelessTheist
    replied
    Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
    Eh, I don't think so. There was a similar piece by another feminist a little while back arguing that Princess Celestia's horn in My Little Pony was a phallic symbol, and represented male dominance.....also that, because Celestia is white, she represented white dominance over all other races. They just seem like a parody because of how inconceivably insane they are.
    Found it:

http://msmagazine.com/blog/2010/12/0...-shaming-pony/

I swear, you can't parody these people.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    The Pillsbury dough boy is obviously a racial stereotype. He is white, well fed and laughs at everything. Just like a Nazi!

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    How do these people get air time?

Leave a comment:

• JonathanL
    replied
    Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ildren-parents

Please, someone tell me this woman is not serious. Please, someone, tell me this is just a joke......please?
    Seems legit to me.

Leave a comment:

• TimelessTheist
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I think the piece was supposed to be satire, actually making fun of how people overreact.
    Eh, I don't think so. There was a similar piece by another feminist a little while back arguing that Princess Celestia's horn in My Little Pony was a phallic symbol, and represented male dominance.....also that, because Celestia is white, she represented white dominance over all other races. They just seem like a parody because of how inconceivably insane they are.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Thomas the Tank Engine is too violent apparently: http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe...n.thomas.reut/

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I think the piece was supposed to be satire, actually making fun of how people overreact.
    Considering how some of them behave it is getting increasingly difficult to tell.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    I vaguely remember Shining Time Station being accused of conservative bias in the past, though I wonder how much of that was blowback from people like Andy Schlafly going full out against Sesame Street as being liberal.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    But at least he isn't gay...

It'll be okay as soon as they adjust her meds...

Leave a comment:

• Thomas The Tank Engine Is a Racist, Sexist, And Anti-environmentalist.....Apparently

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ildren-parents

Please, someone tell me this woman is not serious. Please, someone, tell me this is just a joke......please?