Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Thomas The Tank Engine Is a Racist, Sexist, And Anti-environmentalist.....Apparently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TimelessTheist
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    On the blog itself, I should have specified.

I'm beginning to regret getting that Tumblr account...
    Don't worry, as long as you avoid the "social justice warriors", as they dub themselves, you should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• TimelessTheist
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    It's nice to see your generally poor taste extends into entertainment as well.
    You a punkass.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
    You've clearly never been to Tumblr. There's a 'lot' more people that would agree with this than you would think.
    On the blog itself, I should have specified.

I'm beginning to regret getting that Tumblr account...

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    I didn't say I like watching it. Learn reading comprehension.

Leave a comment:

• TimelessTheist
    replied
    To be fair, I couldn't find even one comment that agreed with her position. A WHOLE lot castigating her and a couple assuming the thing was a joke, but none in agreement.
    You've clearly never been to Tumblr. There's a 'lot' more people that would agree with this than you would think.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    That's totally cool!

I've never watched the show but seriously, why would you care if all the trains happen to be boy trains? The operative term is 'train'...
    The engines are boys but the cabooses...

I better just shut up now. I'm already always still in trouble again.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    Not everyone has as negative views about the show/franchise as this lady. It seems it is helping Autistic children. However I don't see how that role would be diminshed in the least bit if for example they introduced more female characters.
    Have you tried to find videos for young children that don't feature girls to the virtual exclusion of boys lately? There are paltry few. And young boys look for male main characters as much as young girls look for female main characters.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
    Not everyone has as negative views about the show/franchise as this lady. It seems it is helping Autistic children. However I don't see how that role would be diminshed in the least bit if for example they introduced more female characters.
    That's totally cool!

I've never watched the show but seriously, why would you care if all the trains happen to be boy trains? The operative term is 'train'...

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Just to be clear, I have a very positive view of the show.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
    Just to be clear, I have a very positive view of the show.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    To be fair, I couldn't find even one comment that agreed with her position. A WHOLE lot castigating her and a couple assuming the thing was a joke, but none in agreement.

Leave a comment:

• Kristian Joensen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Poe's Law seems more applicable to feminism than fundamentalism. Fake Christianity is not all that hard to spot.

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow Templar View Post
    Heh.

Heh.

How.

Honestly sometimes I think feminists are all super smart, and they're just laughing at us while they troll the heck out of us. And maybe all this feminist propaganda is just code talk for something only super smart people can even understand. I honestly hope that's what's going on.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow Templar
    replied
    Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
    Eh, I don't think so. There was a similar piece by another feminist a little while back arguing that Princess Celestia's horn in My Little Pony was a phallic symbol, and represented male dominance.....also that, because Celestia is white, she represented white dominance over all other races. They just seem like a parody because of how inconceivably insane they are.
    Heh.

Heh.

How.

Honestly sometimes I think feminists are all super smart, and they're just laughing at us while they troll the heck out of us. And maybe all this feminist propaganda is just code talk for something only super smart people can even understand. I honestly hope that's what's going on.

Leave a comment: