Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Thomas The Tank Engine Is a Racist, Sexist, And Anti-environmentalist.....Apparently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas The Tank Engine Is a Racist, Sexist, And Anti-environmentalist.....Apparently

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ildren-parents

Please, someone tell me this woman is not serious. Please, someone, tell me this is just a joke......please?
    Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

But at least he isn't gay...

It'll be okay as soon as they adjust her meds...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I think the piece was supposed to be satire, actually making fun of how people overreact.

Comment

I vaguely remember Shining Time Station being accused of conservative bias in the past, though I wonder how much of that was blowback from people like Andy Schlafly going full out against Sesame Street as being liberal.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I think the piece was supposed to be satire, actually making fun of how people overreact.
          Considering how some of them behave it is getting increasingly difficult to tell.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thomas the Tank Engine is too violent apparently: http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe...n.thomas.reut/
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Eh, I don't think so. There was a similar piece by another feminist a little while back arguing that Princess Celestia's horn in My Little Pony was a phallic symbol, and represented male dominance.....also that, because Celestia is white, she represented white dominance over all other races. They just seem like a parody because of how inconceivably insane they are.
              Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
                http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ildren-parents

Please, someone tell me this woman is not serious. Please, someone, tell me this is just a joke......please?
                Seems legit to me.

Comment

How do these people get air time?
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

The Pillsbury dough boy is obviously a racial stereotype. He is white, well fed and laughs at everything. Just like a Nazi!

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Eh, I don't think so. There was a similar piece by another feminist a little while back arguing that Princess Celestia's horn in My Little Pony was a phallic symbol, and represented male dominance.....also that, because Celestia is white, she represented white dominance over all other races. They just seem like a parody because of how inconceivably insane they are.
                        Found it:

http://msmagazine.com/blog/2010/12/0...-shaming-pony/

I swear, you can't parody these people.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Heh.

Heh.

How.

Honestly sometimes I think feminists are all super smart, and they're just laughing at us while they troll the heck out of us. And maybe all this feminist propaganda is just code talk for something only super smart people can even understand. I honestly hope that's what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Templar View Post
                            Heh.

Heh.

How.

Honestly sometimes I think feminists are all super smart, and they're just laughing at us while they troll the heck out of us. And maybe all this feminist propaganda is just code talk for something only super smart people can even understand. I honestly hope that's what's going on.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Poe's Law seems more applicable to feminism than fundamentalism. Fake Christianity is not all that hard to spot.

Comment