Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Five Israeli talking points, debunked".... Interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    It's not about importing water from Israel-- it's about Israel selling the Palestinians' own water back to them.
    Cite, please.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It is absolutely totally beside the point. I wasn't arguing that point at all -- When I said "no, it's not", it was in response to your attempt to frame the problem as something other than "you are sworn to my destruction, therefore, why should I give a flying flip about where you get your water, or how much you pay".
      So it's as clear to you as it is to me that Israel is exploiting the West Bank's water resources while severely restricting the Palestinians' use of those very resources?
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Cite, please.
        Already did

Comment

The big question is - what would happen if they ran out of Jews?
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

So it's as clear to you as it is to me that Israel is exploiting the West Bank's water resources while severely restricting the Palestinians' use of those very resources?
            Nope. As I said, it's TOTALLY beside the point. You're threatening to kill me, and you state your purpose in life is to see that I am destroyed. But you want me to help you get drinking water.

Why is this such a difficult thing for you to understand?

DENOUNCE this foolish notion that I must die, THEN ask me to help you with water.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nope. As I said, it's TOTALLY beside the point. You're threatening to kill me, and you state your purpose in life is to see that I am destroyed. But you want me to help you get drinking water.

DENOUNCE this foolish notion that I must die, THEN ask me to help you with water.
              I'd be a lot more receptive to listening to your points (which I've been hearing at least since I was in grade school and hardly need to hear again) if you demonstrated even a modicum of interest in mine, especially since my points seem to involve the analysis of facts of which you have been unaware.

Comment

It governs by military and law enforcement authority to maintain order, protect itself and protect the civilian population under its occupation.

© Copyright Original Source
                And has undertaken, and past action shows that the undertaking is sincere, to withdraw provided that an assurance that attacks will be discontinued.

The civilian population that ELECTED terrorists to represent them?

Source: cont'd
                And dances in the streets whenever a strike does real damage.

It cannot simultaneously occupy the territory, thus usurping the self-governing powers that would otherwise belong to Palestinians, and declare war upon them. These contradictory policies (occupying a land and then declaring war on it) make the Palestinian population doubly vulnerable.

Easy fixed. Withdraw the occupation forces and then send in the army.

If these quisling attackers had any real interest in the well being of the children, they would would stop attacking Israel. Instead they maximise the potential for casualties by lining them up and attacking from behind them.
                Last edited by tabibito; 07-28-2014, 10:10 PM.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I'd be a lot more receptive to listening to your points (which I've been hearing at least since I was in grade school and hardly need to hear again) if you demonstrated even a modicum of interest in mine, especially since my points seem to involve the analysis of facts of which you have been unaware.
                  Then let me be more clear. Until you deal with the very basic and fundamental point that one party in this conflict has loudly and clearly stated that the other party must be destroyed, there's nothing to talk about. It's really that simple.

Source: ADL

Between 1948 and 1967, Syria used the Golan Heights as a springboard for attacking farmers and fisherman in northern Israel. The Syrians repeatedly shelled Israeli towns below the Heights, and sniper fire was a constant danger. As a result of these actions, 140 Israelis were killed and many more were injured. During this period, Syria also interfered with fishing and other Israeli water projects in Lake Kinneret. Syria repeatedly threatened to contaminate the water if Israel attempted to pump water from the Kinneret without Syrian permission and also sought to divert Banias, one of the Jordan River water sources.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jewish Speaker: She invites him to a Hitler Youth event.

Starting at 3 minutes 08 seconds - The problem that Israel faces.
                    Last edited by tabibito; 07-28-2014, 11:15 PM.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Just two observations

1. That's a huge generalization.

2. It's hard to get people angry at someone who doesn't seem to do anything wrong.

Comment

2. It's hard to get people angry at someone who doesn't seem to do anything wrong.
                        I dunno, people seem to get mad at me pretty often

But seriously, you're talking to a group of Christians-- you've gotta expect someone to bring up Jesus in response to a statement like that. Or, you know, any number of other Bible passages about the persecution of the innocent. There's a legitimate point to be made there, but that's not exactly the best way to make it to this audience

Comment

If they were only targeting infrastructure and trying to avoid hitting civilians themselves whenever possible, how can we explain the casualties?
                          The civilians choose not to get out of the area to be targeted when warned, or are prevented from getting out of the area when warned.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post

Israel has enough firepower to wipe out every living thing in the Gaza Strip. If Israel was really as evil as this article insinuates, the Gaza Strip would be nothing but a smoldering crater now.

Sometimes I wish that was actually a legitimate option. It would definitely be a quick solution to the Hamas problem.

Comment

Funny you should mention that. On my recent trip to Israel, it was hard NOT to notice that when you traveled from the "Israeli controlled" sections into the "Palestinian controlled" sections, it was like going from civilization into a third world country. And friends who have been there PRIOR to Israel "handing over" the West Bank, for example, say that each time they go, they can see the Palestinian controlled sections getting worse and worse.
                              And the sad thing is that it doesn't have to be that way!
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Also needs to be remembered that Jews aren't the only beneficiaries of Extremist attention. In their off hours, they also extend their kindness to Buddhists and Christians.
                                10388642_4432713231562_9110400477037323096_n.jpg
                                This letter (Arabic "nuun", for Nazarene) is painted on the houses of Christians marked for the same kind of attention that Israel is treated to.
                                Last edited by tabibito; 07-29-2014, 06:30 AM.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment