Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Media Just ‘Want to Be Popular’ on Climate Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Just ‘Want to Be Popular’ on Climate Change

Joe Bastardi is not only a first-class meteorologist; he is also a first-rate climate historian.

NB: Read this article as a supplement to the one linked below:

From Newsbusters
    Climate alarmists sometimes like to claim skeptical scientists don’t exist, but they do, and one meteorologist had a lot to say on the subject.

In an interview with the MRC’s Business and Media Institute, well-known meteorologist Joe Bastardi dissected and criticized major aspects of the climate change alarmism movement. Drawing on his knowledge of weather and climate history, Bastardi said that

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/sean-lo...#ixzz38gIG3QCh
    Last edited by John Reece; 07-27-2014, 10:19 AM.

I read a novel by Michael Chrichton called "State of Fear", regarding so-called AGW.

In it he posits that politicians, media, and the legal profession desire to keep the populace in a general condition of anxiety. Which of course, sells newspapers, elects politicians, and keeps the legal profession afloat with lawsuits.

If it isn't "climate change", it is a "pandemic", or some other thing to create fear in the public.

Chrichton had all sorts of info as an appendix to his book as to where one could go to find out what AGW is a false claim.

Very interesting read.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I read a novel by Michael Chrichton called "State of Fear", regarding so-called AGW.

In it he posits that politicians, media, and the legal profession desire to keep the populace in a general condition of anxiety. Which of course, sells newspapers, elects politicians, and keeps the legal profession afloat with lawsuits.

If it isn't "climate change", it is a "pandemic", or some other thing to create fear in the public.

Chrichton had all sorts of info as an appendix to his book as to where one could go to find out what AGW is a false claim.

Very interesting read.
      I read it and gave a copy to my eldest grandson when it was first published ten years ago.

More up to date are the two links in the OP here and here.

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
        I read it and gave a copy to my eldest grandson when it was first published ten years ago.

More up to date are the two links in the OP here and here.
        And I read those, and very interesting indeed!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I like the fact that he started reading Chesterton in his late years:

Originally posted by Michael Crichton
          Chesterton, G. K., Eugenics and Other Evils: An Argument Against the Scientifically Organized Society. ... Originally published in 1922, this astonishingly prescient text has much to say about our understanding of genetics then (and now), and about the mass seduction of pseudoscience. Chesterton's was one of the few voices to oppose eugenics in the early twentieth century. He saw right through it as fraudulent on every level, and he predicted where it would lead, with great accuracy. His critics were legion; they reviled him as a reactionary, ridiculous, ignorant, hysterical, incoherent, and blindly prejudiced, noting with dismay that "his influence in leading people in the wrong way is considerable."Yet Chesterton was right, and the consensus of scientists, political leaders, and the intelligentsia was wrong.Chesterton lived to see he horrors of Nazi Germany. This book is worth reading because, in retrospect, it is clear that Chesterton's arguments were perfectly sensible and deserving of an answer, and yet he was simply shouted down. And because the most repellent ideas of eugenics are being promoted again in the 21st century, under various guises. The editor of this edition has included many quotations from eugenicists of the 1920s, which read astonishingly like the words of contemporary prophets of doom. Some things never change -- including unfortunately, the gullibility of press and public.We human beings do not like to look back on our mistakes. But we should.
          Also, do remember that the reason Eugenics is still a dirty word is not even so much to Chesterton's book, as good as it is, but to the success of the US and other Allies's previous de-nazification procedure, which I, and others, heartily recommend as the only proper solution for the global warmers and their self-serving pseudoscientific conspiracies.

Comment

But, but but... it's scuttled science!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment