Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

National Guard won't allow its own troops to be honored at Vacation Bible School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard won't allow its own troops to be honored at Vacation Bible School

No worries though, they can participate in gay parades instead.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/26/na...#ixzz38ciQwb6b

Members of the Missouri National Guard were scheduled for a Thursday appearance (in a Humvee), but they failed to show up because, they said, federal regulations prevent military activities that could appear to endorse any religious or sectarian faction.

Specifically, the military regulation states:

“Army participation must not selectively benefit (or appear to benefit) any person, group, or corporation (whether profit or nonprofit); religion, sect, religious or sectarian group, or quasi-religious or ideological movement.”
    “We were told it was against military policy for National Guard troops to participate in Vacation Bible School,” the pastor told Fox News. “They said if the National Guard had assets on church property it would look like the National Guard is sponsoring the Baptist religion.”

Interestingly, this June, the U.S. Department of Defense allowed an American military color guard to march in the annual gay pride parade in Washington, D.C.
    “I can tell you I’m ashamed and embarrassed right now,” one soldier told Fox.

“We had a lot of disappointed kiddos because of the National Guard being unwilling to allow a Humvee and a few soldiers to spend an hour at a Baptist church,” another soldier said. “It makes me wonder what I’m actually fighting for.”
    Boy it sure is great Christians became so tolerant of opposing viewpoints.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Honred?

Comment

Strange, I thought I posted a request to fix the title.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        Strange, I thought I posted a request to fix the title.
        Got it

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We were told it was against military policy
          By whom, I wonder? Shouldn't the title read "JAG, State, and other liberal infiltrators force National Guard troops to hunker down like robots against their consciences?

Never collectivize when it comes time to assign blame. Keep asking questions till you find the errand boy who ordered it for the grocery clerks in question (PROTIP: journalists are probably not going to do this job for you at the moment.)

Comment

No worries though, they can participate in gay parades instead.
            http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/26/na...#ixzz38ciQwb6b
            Boy it sure is great Christians became so tolerant of opposing viewpoints.
            One obvious problem is the Baptist Church theme “God’s Rescue Squad”. Any secular organization paid from public funds would be very stupid to endorse that sentiment even accidentally.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              One obvious problem is the Baptist Church theme “God’s Rescue Squad”. Any secular organization paid from public funds would be very stupid to endorse that sentiment even accidentally.
              No it wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                By whom, I wonder? Shouldn't the title read "JAG, State, and other liberal infiltrators force National Guard troops to hunker down like robots against their consciences?

Never collectivize when it comes time to assign blame. Keep asking questions till you find the errand boy who ordered it for the grocery clerks in question (PROTIP: journalists are probably not going to do this job for you at the moment.)
                “Army participation must not selectively benefit (or appear to benefit) any person, group, or corporation (whether profit or nonprofit); religion, sect, religious or sectarian group, or quasi-religious or ideological movement.”

Of course, since they still participated in the poz parade it doesn't seem to have been uniformly enforced. Imagine that.

Comment

Of course, since they still participated in the poz parade it doesn't seem to have been uniformly enforced. Imagine that.
                  I'm just surprised you neglected to tag this post with "Fred Phelps was right."

Comment