Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Policification of the National Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Policification of the National Guard

Under Governor Perry of Texas, the National Guard may acquire powers to arrest.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Tex.../25/id/584844/

While I have expressed concern about the militarization of our Police Departments, this looks like the Policification of our Military.

Comments?

(wiki: The Posse Comitatus Act is the United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) that was passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1981. Its intent (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) was to limit the powers of Federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce the state laws.)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Yes, Rick Perry – the man who vetoed a ban on the execution of mentally retarded convicts.
    This story reminds me of a Jimmy Bond quote (while having dinner with Doctor No) – “Tell me, does the toppling of American missiles really compensate for having no hands?”
    I wonder what Rick Perry is trying to compensate for.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Yes, Rick Perry – the man who vetoed a ban on the execution of mentally retarded convicts.
      This story reminds me of a Jimmy Bond quote (while having dinner with Doctor No) – “Tell me, does the toppling of American missiles really compensate for having no hands?”
      I wonder what Rick Perry is trying to compensate for.
      If you and your party of traitors weren't conspiring to flood the south with third world refuse this would be unnecessary. But since Chocolate Jesus won't do his job Perry has to take drastic measures to protect his state.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        If you and your party of traitors weren't conspiring to flood the south with third world refuse this would be unnecessary. But since Chocolate Jesus won't do his job Perry has to take drastic measures to protect his state.
        Unfortunately, I'm thinking Obama has given Perry little other choice in this matter -- other than to totally repurpose the DPS, or deputize a whole bunch of....

Yeah, it's a rather desparate situation.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Unfortunately, I'm thinking Obama has given Perry little other choice in this matter -- other than to totally repurpose the DPS, or deputize a whole bunch of....

Comment