Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Religious Adherents popularity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious Adherents popularity

Pew has a poll on how much the American adherents of different religious beliefs like and dislike each other:

Summary:
    Evangelicals like other Christians, like Mormons a little less, don't like any other group much, and detest atheists and to a lesser extent muslims
    Some obvious deviation is Mainliners, who don't particularly dislike atheists (probably because they're atheists themselves) and black evangelicals who don't particularly dislike muslims.
    Catholics are similar to Evangelicals, though they dislike atheists and muslims a bit less.
    Jews like themselves a lot (all religious groups give themselves higher ratings but Jews top the self regard list by quite a bit), like catholics, easterners and atheists, and absolutely loathe evangelicals and muslims. This probably stands out the most since evangelicals hold jews in fairly high regard and are the main reason why Israel gets so much American support.
    Atheists loathe evangelicals, dislike mormons, and are middle of the road on everyone else.
    Agnostics still can't make their mind up about anything.

http://www.pewforum.org/files/2014/0...DF-for-web.pdf

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

This graph doesn't show that I like you a whole lot

Comment

I'm not even on the graph.

Edit: oh, it was just a notgay comment of appreciation. Carry on then.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Comment

I'm a white nondenominational (evangelical?) male. I dislike people on a case-by-case basis.

Comment

Catholics are similar to Evangelicals, though they dislike atheists and muslims a bit less.
            Well, I mean, I don't really care about Muslims who invade other territories and slaughter the people living there.
            Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

"I don't like anybody very much."
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I'm surprised every group is so low with itself. I'd at least think everybody would be in the 90s.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I'm surprised every group is so low with itself. I'd at least think everybody would be in the 90s.
                  Familiarity breeds contempt...
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Well, Christians be dumb. But only because humans are dumb.

Comment

Also, mainline Christians like Jews more than evangelical or Protestant Christians. As somebody who tends to run in social circles somewhere between the two camps (mainline/evangelical), I can't say I'm surprised.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Also, mainline Christians like Jews more than evangelical or Protestant Christians. As somebody who tends to run in social circles somewhere between the two camps (mainline/evangelical), I can't say I'm surprised.
                        It's 1 point, not sure it means anything.

Comment