Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

comments on the Malaysian air disaster in Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comments on the Malaysian air disaster in Ukraine

Comments on the Malaysia Airlines 17 disaster that I doubt will be made in the MSM:

1) The disaster might not have occurred had the USA not pushed for regime change in Ukraine last year.

2) That the missile was Russian-made means nothing, the Ukrainian government has exactly the same make of weapons.

3) The government probably killed a great many civilians more than Russia and the rebels have, so far, besides the Malaysia incident.

4) Despite the civilian deaths mentioned above, the USA is still backing the Ukrainian government, which is taking "measured and moderate" action, the USA says.

5) Russia and the separatists have much more to lose than gain from the crash, while the Ukrainian government has much to gain and little to lose if it can successfully pin the blame on the separatists.

6) The separatists probably do not have the training to fire that kind of SAM.

http://thecrux.com/ron-paul-what-the...ines-disaster/
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    Comments on the Malaysia Airlines 17 disaster that I doubt will be made in the MSM:

1) The disaster might not have occurred had the USA not pushed for regime change in Ukraine last year.

2) That the missile was Russian-made means nothing, the Ukrainian government has exactly the same make of weapons.

3) The government probably killed a great many civilians more than Russia and the rebels have, so far, besides the Malaysia incident.

4) Despite the civilian deaths mentioned above, the USA is still backing the Ukrainian government, which is taking "measured and moderate" action, the USA says.

5) Russia and the separatists have much more to lose than gain from the crash, while the Ukrainian government has much to gain and little to lose if it can successfully pin the blame on the separatists.

6) The separatists probably do not have the training to fire that kind of SAM.

http://thecrux.com/ron-paul-what-the...ines-disaster/
    Tyrant loving libertarians, what a shock.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

We are reminded at this time of Iran Air 655 (1988).
      http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ir-flight-655/
      First of three parts here:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc9Bj9sWyFA
      Last edited by firstfloor; 07-22-2014, 03:10 AM.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I don't believe Russians did it. Maybe separatists but even then I doubt they'd do this on purpose. Makes no sense. Why would they shoot a civilian airplane? Because they are mad, angry people with beards? Please.

My theory is that some separatists got drunk, seen airplane flying in their airspace, got pissed off and fired a missile. Bam. Unfortunate mistake.

But that's just me and I'm not the brightest man on this side of the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilkowsky View Post
          My theory is that some separatists got drunk, seen airplane flying in their airspace, got pissed off and fired a missile. Bam. Unfortunate mistake.

But that's just me and I'm not the brightest man on this side of the internet.
          Let me get this straight? You think a drunk team without any training somehow managed to hit the plane with a SAM?
          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            Tyrant loving libertarians, what a shock.
            That makes no sense. If that was a slap at me, I am not happy with both sides and I very much doubt Ron Paul likes Putin.

Comment

Let me get this straight? You think a drunk team without any training somehow managed to hit the plane with a SAM?
              A modern SAM is designed to be able to defeat both active and passive countermeasures and successfully engage a wildly maneuvering supersonic fighter jet. Further, it controls its own maneuvers, not someone on the ground. A SAM would have to malfunction badly in order to miss a subsonic airplane with no countermeasures flying in a straight line. If the system is turned on, all it takes is someone hitting the firing button. I'm pretty sure a drunk man could manage that, training or no. In fact, a lack of training is a likely explanation for why someone fired in the first place; a trained operator would be able to tell the difference between a fighter jet and an airliner.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

One of the many questions is why the Malaysian flight was even flying directly over a hot warzone when planes had already been shot down just days prior and when other airlines were being rerouted. Whatever the answer, you'd be crazy to take a flight on that particular airline in light of the events of this year with that airline.

Comment

That makes no sense. If that was a slap at me, I am not happy with both sides and I very much doubt Ron Paul likes Putin.
                  It's a slap at both you and Ron Paul since you both use the same Russian apologetic drivel:

The USA did not push for regime change in Ukraine. Ukrainians pushed for regime change because the president was a Moscow puppet living in obscene opulence while Ukrainians starved. The US's general apathy towards East Europe is legendary.

"4) Despite the civilian deaths mentioned above, the USA is still backing the Ukrainian government, which is taking "measured and moderate" action, the USA says.
                  All civilian deaths are the responsibility of the separatists since they're the ones who started an unjust war to steal from Ukraine just about the only thing it got out of its subjugation from the Soviet Union. If anything Ukrainians are being too soft. Russia is simply reminding its neighbors once again why virtually all of East Europe sided with Hitler.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

The US's general apathy towards East Europe is legendary.
                    Possibly you need to go to the doctor. Why is your memory so bad? Or maybe you just weren't following the news in the past years.

Comment

Possibly you need to go to the doctor. Why is your memory so bad? Or maybe you just weren't following the news in the past years.
                      There's nothing wrong with my memory. You (and Ron Paul) simply don't understand anything which is why everything you post straddles the line between insane and stupid.

Comment

DE is of East European extraction, chucklehead. Perhaps he's able to follow more accurate sources than various conspiracy websites (I know, low bar).

Further the current occupant of the Oval Office is so pro-East European that he canceled the ABM missiles that Poland and the Czech Republic were scheduled to get. Derp.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          One of the many questions is why the Malaysian flight was even flying directly over a hot warzone when planes had already been shot down just days prior and when other airlines were being rerouted. Whatever the answer, you'd be crazy to take a flight on that particular airline in light of the events of this year with that airline.
                          Just the current facts. Rerouting has commenced as a consequence of the downing of MH17. Maybe you should consider reading your own reference material.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

There's nothing wrong with my memory. You (and Ron Paul) simply don't understand anything which is why everything you post straddles the line between insane and stupid.
                            Please cite the post that sticks out the most in your memory(?) as being especially stupid and/or insane and explain why.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              DE is of East European extraction, chucklehead. Perhaps he's able to follow more accurate sources than various conspiracy websites (I know, low bar).

Further the current occupant of the Oval Office is so pro-East European that he canceled the ABM missiles that Poland and the Czech Republic were scheduled to get. Derp.
                              Et tu, OBM? Has everyone already forgotten Georgia and what happened there? Nah, surely not everyone! At least Wikipedia has a memory superior to DE's: en.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Georgian_War

Comment