Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CDC Study Finds Lower 'Sexual Minority' Numbers than Expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDC Study Finds Lower 'Sexual Minority' Numbers than Expected

Originally posted by LifeSite News
    A study from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) released Tuesday found that there are far fewer who people who identify as homosexual and bisexual in America than many think. The study also found that self-identified homosexuals lead less healthy lives.
    According to the study, which was based upon data from the 2013 National Health Interview Survey (NHIS), 2.3 percent of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, or bisexual. The study also found that "health behaviors," "health conditions," and "health care access and utilization" were statistically worse among what the CDC calls "sexual minorities.”

Source

Yeah, wonder why it took so long to include it...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

And it may be a while before anyone pays attention. CDC is currently in hot water.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...an-population/
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Here's a nice 3 paragraphs from that article.

A cautionary note: There are many challenges in estimating the size or the composition of the LGBT population, starting with the question of whether to use a definition based solely on self-identification or whether to also include measures of sexual attraction and sexual behavior. For a detailed look at the demographic characteristics of the LGBT population, see A Survey of LGBT Americans published earlier this year by the Pew Research Center.

The study by the Ohio State and Boston University researchers, while raising questions about traditional public opinion polls, does not attempt to draw its own conclusions about size of the LGBT population or public attitudes about it since the participants were not a random or representative sample of all adults 18 and older. (The researchers used Amazon’s Mechanical Turk website to recruit participants.)

In fact, they said their study group was younger, more educated, more politically liberal and less likely to be Republican or to describe themselves as being at least “moderately religious” the country. They noted that some of the groups under-represented in their study are probably more likely to hold anti-gay views or be less willing to say that they are not heterosexual.
          -The universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine.
          Sir James Jeans

-This most beautiful system (The Universe) could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.All variety of created objects which represent order and Life in the Universe could happen only by the willful reasoning of its original Creator, whom I call the Lord God.
          Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Originally posted by Quantum Weirdness View Post
            Here's a nice 3 paragraphs from that article.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment