Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Malaysian Flight Down in Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysian Flight Down in Ukraine

No time now to post links Just wanted to park a thread here for discussion. I'm betting there will be a LOT of sniffing around the entire thing, including the Malaysian airline, because too many things look off.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Oh Lord Jesus...there are pics of plane parts coming in from there. Gotta go.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

From the looks of things it was shot down.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
        No time now to post links Just wanted to park a thread here for discussion. I'm betting there will be a LOT of sniffing around the entire thing, including the Malaysian airline, because too many things look off.
        Terrible...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Seems that Russian separatists initially took claim for shooting it down but have since denied it.

Correction: They say they downed a Ukrainian military transport plane earlier in the week

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And Israel is launching a ground incursion into Gaza. The world is crazy.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/...s-over-Ukraine
              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/a...ectid=11295405

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/07/br...-shot-ukraine/
                Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  And Israel is launching a ground incursion into Gaza. The world is crazy.
                  How is that crazy? Hamas deserves whatever it gets.
                  Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
                    He wasn't criticizing Israel, just noting that there is a lot going on. Wars and rumors of wars, if you will.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      He wasn't criticizing Israel, just noting that there is a lot going on. Wars and rumors of wars, if you will.
                      Ah, okay, I see that now.
                      Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

But Obama told us that the "world is more stable" since he assumed office

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          But Obama told us that the "world is more stable" since he assumed office
                          He also said you can keep your doctor. And didn't he pinky finger SWEAR that?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
                            Yeah, if the people in Gaza were smart, they'd run Hamas out of town on a rail. How in the WORLD can Hamas think they can lob missiles into Israel and NOT have consequences.

But, yeah, I was simply pointing out what an unstable world we have become.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Yeah, if the people in Gaza were smart, they'd run Hamas out of town on a rail. How in the WORLD can Hamas think they can lob missiles into Israel and NOT have consequences.

But, yeah, I was simply pointing out what an unstable world we have become.
                              Perhaps "Hamas" is not that distinguishable from everyone else because they hold common ideology of the culture. Perhaps it would be like trying to recognize a conservative that has a potential for terrorist acts like McVeigh from a conservative with some of the same views that doesn't have those violent tendencies. Or a liberal with strong ideological views on the environment with the propensity to blow up a lab that experiments on animals from a liberal with the same views that doesn't have those violent tendencies.

Comment