Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I Knew It! Canada has been Assimilated!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    I have a friend who worked as a nurse for 30 years, a surgical nurse. She is a believer. When the abortion laws were struck down in this country, she refused to participate in those procedures (only done by one doctor in our community of quite a few, all the rest will not perform abortions), the hospital removed her completely from the OR. She was not even allowed to work there when it wasn't an abortion procedure.

Did the hospital board leave their prejudices at home when the discussed her case? They didn't remove the doctors from the OR, even my own, who is a Catholic, and will not perform abortions. Just my friend. Where was their logic? There was none. It was all because they could remove her, but if they removed the doctors, they would lose them from the community and nobody wanted that.

Prejudice indeed.
    Great point!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      The work that a physician does is prescribed by professional codes of practice.
      And the article is clear that they complied with the professional standards.

Source: above

they have followed all guidelines laid down by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) to inform patients

© Copyright Original Source

These have nothing to do with free expression. A good professional does not take his personal prejudices into the workplace.
      Professional Ethics are not "personal prejudices", FF. No matter how hard you try to twist the meanings of each term.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
        If you think religious reasons are superstition, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Indeed.
        If you haven't dealt with ff before, I should warn you, he is a .

Comment

The work that a physician does is prescribed by professional codes of practice. These have nothing to do with free expression. A good professional does not take his personal prejudices into the workplace.
          Apparently you could not bother yourself with reading the link because in the second paragraph you would have read the following:

Source: Is Canada to become the Borg Collective?

Three physicians in Ottawa are being hauled over the “public coals” because they have religious reasons, as well as ethical and moral concerns, against prescribing oral contraceptives, including a Class 1 carcinogen, to their female patients. It appears not to matter that they have followed all guidelines laid down by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) to inform patients.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

And it appears that the pill in question is indeed classed as a Group 1 carcinogen -- along with such chemicals as arsenic, benzene, cadmium and formaldehyde. It also appears to be responsible for women developing blood clots and having strokes as well as causing birth defects if the woman happens to be pregnant and continues taking it. It is totally understandable that a doctor would be hesitant in prescribing it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

For those interested, here are two more articles discussing the issue:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Professionalism comes before personal preference and if the practitioner has a conflict then that is not the profession that suits him.
              So then all jobs should be filled by people who have no sense of morality about anything related to the job? Wouldn't that lead to horrific results? Let's apply it to medical research. If anyone has any sense of morality regarding medical research, then the job doesn't suit him, so medical research should be done only by those who have no sense of morality regarding medical research, such as what practices might be morally impermissible. Contemplate for a moment what kinds of things would result.

Comment