Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I Knew It! Canada has been Assimilated!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Knew It! Canada has been Assimilated!!!

Or will be soon....

Source
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Or will be soon....
    Source
    I expect that most Canadians think that medical decisions in a modern enlightened country like theirs should not be determined by superstition (religious reasons).
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Or will be soon....

Source
      Sad really...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        I expect that most Canadians think that medical decisions in a modern enlightened country like theirs should not be determined by superstition (religious reasons).
        If you think religious reasons are superstition, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Indeed.

Comment

That is why you are a Fascist FF...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Ah, that would mean medical decisions being subject to such beliefs as "inoculation is dangerous."
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
              Ah, that would mean medical decisions being subject to such beliefs as "inoculation is dangerous."
              I mean professional decisions just like you would not want your airline pilot whipping out his Qur’an or his Bible in place of his takeoff checklist. Professionalism comes before personal preference and if the practitioner has a conflict then that is not the profession that suits him.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

I mean professional decisions just like you would not want your airline pilot whipping out his Qur’an or his Bible in place of his takeoff checklist. Professionalism comes before personal preference and if the practitioner has a conflict then that is not the profession that suits him.
                Utter nonsense. There is no conflict with religion and flying a plane. This is exactly why you liberals are anti freedom - everyone MUST conform to your way of thinking and acting. And let's be honest prescribing birth control in this case has nothing to do with a woman's "health."
                Last edited by seer; 07-17-2014, 08:19 AM.

Comment

From the article cited:

Source: above

Justice Sloviter in the Startzell v. Philadelphia case reminds us:

If there is a bedrock principle … it is that the government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea offensive or disagreeable. In public debate our own citizens must tolerate insulting and even outrageous speech in order to provide adequate breathing space to the Freedoms protected.

© Copyright Original Source

So, the opinions of society are completely irrelivant to the law in Canada.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That is a pretty stupid analogy there FF since I would sure hope that my doctor would inform me of ethical concerns of my medical care as much as I would hope that a pilot would also be ethical when it comes to his job. Did you even bother to read the article in question or did you just think of the first dumb objections you could come up with and that was it?
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      From the article cited:
                      Source: above

Justice Sloviter in the Startzell v. Philadelphia case reminds us:
                      If there is a bedrock principle … it is that the government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea offensive or disagreeable. In public debate our own citizens must tolerate insulting and even outrageous speech in order to provide adequate breathing space to the Freedoms protected.

© Copyright Original Source

The work that a physician does is prescribed by professional codes of practice. These have nothing to do with free expression. A good professional does not take his personal prejudices into the workplace.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Utter nonsense. There is no conflict with religion and flying a plane. This is exactly why you liberals are anti freedom - everyone MUST conform to your way of thinking and acting. And let's be honest prescribing birth control in this case has nothing to do with a woman's "health."
                        Plus his analogy is pretty stupid. I would sure hope that a doctor would present me with ethical concerns with my medical care just as I would sure hope that a pilot would take ethical concerns when doing his job. I don't think FF even bothered to think before he said this argument because if he did, he'd realize how dumb comparing a preflight check list with 'using your Bible' to do a preflight with. I would hope that a pilot would follow ethical concerns with his or her aircraft and ensure it is in running order before they sign as much as I would hope a doctor would inform me of all ethical concerns when it comes to my medical care. More proof that FF doesn't think before he post...
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The work that a physician does is prescribed by professional codes of practice. These have nothing to do with free expression. A good professional does not take his personal prejudices into the workplace.
                          That's complete nonsense FF because you can't seriously be expected to throw out ethics out the window the second you walk into an office. I don't cuss, despite the fact that many in my work place do. Do my ethical concerns fly out the window the second I walk into the building against cussing and I should just ignore my personal rule against it, just because I walked into work? Where did you come up with that insane logic from? By that insane logic, I should just do whatever I am told and never question something that could put others at risk. Is that the logic you're going with there, FF?
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
                            You are exactly right, Bill.

When Jean Chretien proposed to have same sex marriage legalized in Canada in 2003, he said, "To have a referendum to decide on the fate of the minority, it's a problem. It's why we have constitutions – to protect the rights of the minority. It's why we have the Charter of Rights. So if it is always the majority vote by referendum, who will defend the minorities?"

The law in Canada was changed because it is "dangerous for the majority to decide what the minority should do".

And Canada was assimilated long before this latest issue with birth control.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Do you understand how stupid you sound?

Every politician and judge takes his personal prejudices into the workplace. Every journalist does the same thing.

I have a friend who worked as a nurse for 30 years, a surgical nurse. She is a believer. When the abortion laws were struck down in this country, she refused to participate in those procedures (only done by one doctor in our community of quite a few, all the rest will not perform abortions), the hospital removed her completely from the OR. She was not even allowed to work there when it wasn't an abortion procedure.

Did the hospital board leave their prejudices at home when the discussed her case? They didn't remove the doctors from the OR, even my own, who is a Catholic, and will not perform abortions. Just my friend. Where was their logic? There was none. It was all because they could remove her, but if they removed the doctors, they would lose them from the community and nobody wanted that.

Prejudice indeed.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment