Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Thin Skinned Commies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Because your post is the last one on the page and I don't know how to isolate one post to give a link to it.

Maybe you should just quote it instead. That little thing after a person's name in the quote will link them right to it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Do you also think that mostly naked gay men feigning sexual acts in public parades is equally disgusting?
      Are their actions motivated by hatred?

The fact is political satire is as American as apple pie.
      False. Political satire existed long before America even gained its independence.

And when I use Communist or Fascist it is completely appropriate since they too, like the Obama Justice Dept in this case, use the government to attempt to squash political dissent. Just like what they used the IRS in the last election cycle to do.
      That's not what "communist" means.
      Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...8775#post78775

And scroll to the top of the page, please.
        I never said that. Firstfloor did.
        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
          I never said that. Firstfloor did.
          Oh, I am so sorry!

Will change it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Are their actions motivated by hatred?
            Sure, they could be - purposely flaunting social norms. Was the float done out of hatred or concern for his country?

False. Political satire existed long before America even gained its independence.
            No kidding, I don't care when it began, the fact is it has a long tradition in our country.

That's not what "communist" means.
            So what, it was part of Communist and Fascist regimes to use the government to stop political dissent. Just like Obama...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
              There's a new scandal every week. There was a point when I thought the administration might be only morally bankrupt, not outright incompetent. Turns out it's both.
              Granted - but really low expectations are expectations...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Sure, they could be - purposely flaunting social norms.
                Defiance isn't the equivalent of hatred.

Was the float done out of hatred or concern for his country?
                It was almost certainly done out of hatred for Obama, since it made him and his name the main subject.

No kidding, I don't care when it began, the fact is it has a long tradition in our country.
                Then don't claim that it's as American as apple pie when it clearly isn't American in origin or exclusivity or typicality. I don't know if you realize this, but words have these things called meanings, which happen to matter.

So what, it was part of Communist and Fascist regimes to use the government to stop political dissent. Just like Obama...
                So because communist groups used it, you call it communist. By that logic, I can easily envision this conversation taking place...

Neighbor: "Good morning, seer. The air sure is fresh today, isn't it?"

seer: "Keep that commie air away from me!"

Neighbor: "Huh? Wha--did you just call AIR 'communist?'"

seer: "You heard me!"

Neighbor: "Do you actually know what 'communist' even means? It doesn't make any sense to say that air is communist!"

seer: "Who cares, air was used by communists to supply their dirty diseased brain cells with nutrients. It's commie."

seer: *passes out
                Last edited by fm93; 07-17-2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

It was almost certainly done out of hatred for Obama, since it made him and his name the main subject.
                  In your opinion, can Obama be the target of satire without it being done out of hatred? Or is he completely off-limits?
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Defiance isn't the equivalent of hatred.

Ok so the homosexuals are defiant but this guy is a hater? Perhaps he is merely being defiant too. Do you know his motives?

Then don't claim that it's as American as apple pie when it clearly isn't American in origin or exclusivity. I don't know if you realize this, but words have these things called meanings, which happen to matter.
                    Oh get off your semantic high horse. Political satire is just as American as apple pie. I never said it was exclusively American, and more than apple pie is exclusively American.

So because communist groups used it, you call it communist. By that logic, I can easily envision this conversation taking place...
                    Sorry, if you use the tactics of the Communists and Fascists I will call you a Commie or Fascist. I'm not going to stop Homer...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      In your opinion, can Obama be the target of satire without it being done out of hatred?
                      Of course. But in this case, hatred was almost certainly involved.

Ok so the homosexuals are defiant but this guy is a hater? Perhaps he is merely being defiant too. Do you know his motives?
                      He made a ghastly representation of Obama that makes the man look more like a monster than a human being. I think that's essentially wearing motives on one's sleeves.

Oh get off your semantic high horse. Political satire is just as American as apple pie. I never said it was exclusively American, and more than apple pie is exclusively American.
                      Whoops, I meant to include "and in typicality." Political satire isn't typically American either.

Sorry, if you use the tactics of the Communists and Fascists I will call you a Commie or Fascist. I'm not going to stop Homer...
                      So you won't object if people call every instance of ignorance in the world "conservative," since plenty of conservatives have been stunningly ignorant?

Comment

Nothing wrong with hating Obama, it's practically a civic duty.

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          In your opinion, can Obama be the target of satire without it being done out of hatred? Or is he completely off-limits?
                          The folks who laughed the hardest at "humorous" attacks on Bush no matter how nasty or vicious are the ones who show the most indignant outrage when someone makes fun of Obama. Conversely, the reverse also seems to be the case. Those upset with the way Bush was treated seem to chuckle the most at jokes made at Obama's expense.

The fact is that making fun of our politicians including presidents is a long standing American tradition and anyone who has a conniption fit over it needs to get a life.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            The folks who laughed the hardest at "humorous" attacks on Bush no matter how nasty or vicious are the ones who show the most indignant outrage when someone makes fun of Obama. Conversely, the reverse also seems to be the case. Those upset with the way Bush was treated seem to chuckle the most at jokes made at Obama's expense.

The fact is that making fun of our politicians including presidents is a long standing American tradition and anyone who has a conniption fit over it needs to get a life.
                            I tend to agree.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              Nothing wrong with hating Obama, it's practically a civic duty.

Considering how beloved John Paul II was and what he rode around in...

I fail to see in validity in your claim here

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

He made a ghastly representation of Obama that makes the man look more like a monster than a human being. I think that's essentially wearing motives on one's sleeves.
                                So you say. But so what if it was hateful? What is the Justice Dept doing getting involved? We both know why - to curtail negative speech about the Dear Leader!

Whoops, I meant to include "and in typicality." Political satire isn't typically American either.
                                I never said it was, only that it was a common practice, as common and American as apple pie.

So you won't object if people call every instance of ignorance in the world "conservative," since plenty of conservatives have been stunningly ignorant?
                                Do what you please, you are an obvious supporter of fascist tactics.

Comment