Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberal Hoax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberal Hoax

How Climate Change Became a 'Liberal Hoax'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJUA4cm0Rck
    "Meteorologists are pretty faces reading scripts telling you whether it's going to rain tomorrow," Chomsky says. "What do they have to say any more than your barber?" All this is part of the media's pursuit of "fabled objectivity."
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Wondering when we're going to see a Chomsky video commenting on how the Chamber of Commerce runs interference for people who import invasive species that destroy environments not adapted to them on the southern border. Mexican, especially the poorest among them, are much more likely to care nothing for the environment than Americans are.

Seriously, if you had that sort of all-encompassing interest in, well, the actual interests of the people you grew up with, then people might actually be inclined to listen to you. But whatever, let the trumpets continue to make uncertain sounds.

Comment

Why should anyone be interested only in the people they grew up with? Is that not a bit narrow minded?
      If your borders are not adequately controlled it is because the plutocrats want it that way – to keep the proletariat on their toes and fighting for their low paid jobs.
      Some recent Chomsky:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qzliIR3TU8
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        Why should anyone be interested only in the people they grew up with? Is that not a bit narrow minded?
        If your borders are not adequately controlled it is because the plutocrats want it that way...
        This is precisely why liberals are the problem-they can shamelessly state an actual plutocrat talking point in the first sentence and then denounce plutocrats in the second.

Comment

Firstfloor, was "Why should anyone be interested only in the people they grew up with? Is that not a bit narrow minded?" the line you used on your stepchildren, by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
            Firstfloor, was "Why should anyone be interested only in the people they grew up with? Is that not a bit narrow minded?" the line you used on your stepchildren, by the way?
            Who do you think your natural allies are in the struggle against totalitarianism; other workers or the ruling class? The rulers rely on and promote fragmentation. If you are reading VDARE you are likely to be in a fragment called white supremacy. In case you don’t know what’s going on here is Chomsky with Chris Hedges.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTDIpu5UjAw

Comment

Who do you think your natural allies are in the struggle against totalitarianism; other workers or the ruling class? The rulers rely on and promote fragmentation.
              There was generally no need to make that distinction in the pre-fragmented days, since shared life experiences and outlooks are actually one of the things that, historically, have done the greatest good in mitigating the tensions caused by class divisions among the same race. But you just had to import Diversity, didn't you?

If you are reading VDARE you are likely to be in a fragment called white supremacy.
              This "fragment," as you call it, was also the majority population in this country, and so far the only one that actually carries on its traditions. The only people I see promoting the full-throated fragmentation called multiculturalism are liberals like Chomsky, and it's they who are currently allied with actual plutocrats to secure their own power.

In case you don’t know what’s going on here is Chomsky with Chris Hedges.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTDIpu5UjAw
              Don't bring that weak crap over here. If you can't speak without contradicting yourself and reality within two sentences, try not to speak at all.
              Last edited by Epoetker; 07-17-2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                There was generally no need to make that distinction in the pre-fragmented days, since shared life experiences and outlooks are actually one of the things that, historically, have done the greatest good in mitigating the tensions caused by class divisions among the same race. But you just had to import Diversity, didn't you?

This "fragment," as you call it, was also the majority population in this country, and so far the only one that actually carries on its traditions. The only people I see promoting the full-throated fragmentation called multiculturalism are liberals like Chomsky, and it's they who are currently allied with actual plutocrats to secure their own power.

Don't bring that weak crap over here. If you can't speak without contradicting yourself and reality within two sentences, try not to speak at all.
                If this piece made the tiniest bit of sense I would have a go at answering it. It doesn’t so I won’t.

Comment

If this piece made the tiniest bit of sense I would have a go at answering it. It doesn’t so I won’t.
                  Not speaking more than two sentences is a good start. Keep all your posts tweet-worthy and you may yet start to build a reliable ethos beyond 'will say absolutely anything that sounds good while shilling for his pet cause of the moment.'

Comment