Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trust Us, We Are Scientists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust Us, We Are Scientists

This will be regarded as merely antedotal. Peer review couldn't be responsible for this one. But this does cause one to speculate on the probability of similar happenings in the scientific community. And we all know that all it takes is probability, why one could even propose multiple universes with enough probability.

Comment

Does not apply to the climate issue. When the issue is settled politically as that one was (or as the attempt was) it is not science at all.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Well the source that the OP link refers to states that a very large percentage of papers do not get retracted. Though I wouldn't be surprised if we end up finding some papers on climate science that do get retracted.
        http://www.vox.com/2014/7/10/5884093...s-how-on-earth
        Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment