Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Wendy Davis is a horrible human being

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phank View Post
    Uh huh, right, her political positions never even crossed anyone's mind. She's just being singled out for the tar and feathers treatment because every other Texas legislature is a comparative saint - especially those who voted against Davis's position.
    You could probably make a lot of money with this mindreading gift of yours.

I've been reading this kind of thing for a long time now, and I have NEVER seen ANYONE attack the personal character of any politician whose policies they like. Nor, by sheer coincidence, do I see anyone on this thread who approves of her policies, piling on the denigration wagon.
    Shocking. SHOCKING, I say, that we don't beat up those with whom we agree! And you AGREE with her policies and SUPPORT her! SHOCKING, I say!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Uh huh, right, her political positions never even crossed anyone's mind. She's just being singled out for the tar and feathers treatment because every other Texas legislature is a comparative saint - especially those who voted against Davis's position.
      You seem to be rather comprehension deficient. Her being famous because of her political position is not the same as this thread being about her political position. You originally complained that people aren't attacking her political position, as if we have an actual obligation to do that and just that only. We don't.

I've been reading this kind of thing for a long time now, and I have NEVER seen ANYONE attack the personal character of any politician whose policies they like.
      You should go out more then. Maybe go hiking on the Appalachian trail, perhaps.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        You could probably make a lot of money with this mindreading gift of yours.
        I'm actually reading words and presuming the words reflect the mind that wrote them.

Shocking. SHOCKING, I say, that we don't beat up those with whom we agree! And you AGREE with her policies and SUPPORT her! SHOCKING, I say!
        I support her political position. If she's a worthless scumbag in person, then that's what she is.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          You seem to be rather comprehension deficient. Her being famous because of her political position is not the same as this thread being about her political position.
          Yes, yes, we know. The fact that everyone attacking her character opposes her political position is pure coincidence.

You originally complained that people aren't attacking her political position, as if we have an actual obligation to do that and just that only. We don't.
          I pointed out that there are a good many Texas legislators who oppose her position, and whose personal lives are AT LEAST as reprehensible. But not a word about any of them. Now, why do you suppose Davis is being singled out for the personal attacks?

You should go out more then. Maybe go hiking on the Appalachian trail, perhaps.
          It's OK, you don't HAVE to think about what I say. If you can't deny it, you can just ignore it.

Comment

I pointed out that there are a good many Texas legislators who oppose her position, and whose personal lives are AT LEAST as reprehensible. But not a word about any of them. Now, why do you suppose Davis is being singled out for the personal attacks?
            Because she made herself famous as a Democrat butcher for hire. Duh. I don't even know the names of any other Texas legislators. If Demotards hadn't been pushing her in my face nobody would know who she was and nobody would have dug up any of her lies.

It's OK, you don't HAVE to think about what I say. If you can't deny it, you can just ignore it.
            I was actually hoping you'd recognize the reference to Mark Sanford, who got plenty of criticism despite being an otherwise decent conservative politician.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I support her political position. If she's a worthless scumbag in person, then that's what she is.
              So, you'd vote for the child molester who campaigns as the answer to corruption in politics, as long as his politics agree with yours?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I pointed out that there are a good many Texas legislators who oppose her position, and whose personal lives are AT LEAST as reprehensible.
                You KNOW this? Care to name a few?

But not a word about any of them. Now, why do you suppose Davis is being singled out for the personal attacks?
                Because she's like the man who lies getting a Navy Cross and a Silver Star in combat, hoping to get the votes of Veterans and "troop supporters".

I'm thinking you stepped in it here... you really don't know squat about Wendy or the situation in Texas, and you're just digging a deeper hole.

Like you ignored this thread?

Comment

I pointed out that there are a good many Texas legislators who oppose her position, and whose personal lives are AT LEAST as reprehensible. But not a word about any of them.
                  I would STILL love for you to name a few of these reprehensible Texas legislators.

MEANWHILE, Wendy Davis can ALSO not answer the question of when life begins.

From RealClearPolitics...

Yet, despite being hailed by Democrats and members of the media as a feminist role model and a woman of courage who stood up to “speak truth to power,” Davis essentially refused to address the question of when life begins.

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...#ixzz2rn1wkfjA
                  Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter

It refers to Obama's waffling on when life begins in his exchange with Rick Warren.

"Of more concern to the voters of Texas, however, and far more damaging to Davis’s candidacy, should be the question she refused to answer this week. On Monday, during a television interview in which she was doing damage control on the embroidered bio story, television anchorman Jorge Ramos asked Davis a basic question:

Ramos: “When does life start? When does a human being become one?”

Davis: “You know, the Supreme Court of course has answered this decision, in terms of what our protections are.”

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...#ixzz2rn326AjR
                  Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    Funny how attacks upon Sarah Palin are not deemed sexism, but attacks upon Wendy Davis are. Got to love the double standards.
                    With hypocrits like the liberal democrats anything is fair game even twisting the facts to try and demonnize thier opponents and when that doesn't work or it is shown that it is thier candidate who has skeletons in their closet they falsly pull out the race/sex/class card to try and demonize those who show the truth.
                    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-29-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                      With hypocrits like the liberal democrats anything is fair game even twisting the facts to try and demonnize thier opponents and when that doesn't work or it is shown that it is thier candidate who has skeletons in their closet they falsly pull out the race/sex/class card to try and demonize those who show the truth.
                      First, we might reasonably ask about the nature of the attacks. I haven't read all there is to read, but I've read plenty of criticism of Sarah Palin, and that criticism has been mostly aimed at her policy proposals and her general lack of awareness. I do not think you can find so much as a sentence, much less a whole thread, saying "Palin is a horrible human being." Certainly I would never say that. Yes, I find Palin to be uninformed and a bit dim. I find her qualifications for public office dubious. But that doesn't make her a bad human being.

And of some people, of course the converse is true. Ty Cobb was a fabulous ballplayer, as was Pete Rose. In person, I gather that both of these men were scum through and through. So the profession must be kept separate from the personality.

Comment

First, we might reasonably ask about the nature of the attacks. I haven't read all there is to read, but I've read plenty of criticism of Sarah Palin, and that criticism has been mostly aimed at her policy proposals and her general lack of awareness. I do not think you can find so much as a sentence, much less a whole thread, saying "Palin is a horrible human being." Certainly I would never say that. Yes, I find Palin to be uninformed and a bit dim. I find her qualifications for public office dubious. But that doesn't make her a bad human being.
                        Sarah Palin also didn't get her husband to pay off her student loans and divorced him as soon as the last payment was made. That is sure a horrible thing to use somebody like that and dump them to the wayside once you are done with them, but the point was missed. If an attack upon Wendy Davis is deemed 'sexism' regardless of the actual charge (I would think a male that did that to his wife would be on the same horrible grounds too) then the same works for charges made against female candidates that are republican or is the reality that the whole 'sexism' charge is just a cheap way of turning attention away from the actual acts themselves?

And of some people, of course the converse is true. Ty Cobb was a fabulous ballplayer, as was Pete Rose. In person, I gather that both of these men were scum through and through. So the profession must be kept separate from the personality.
                        There's a difference between a ball player and somebody that holds public office. A ball player's personal life has very little to do with their job or performance (even then, there has been more then a few situations where sports players were dumped not for their performance, but because of all the baggage that came with them and the same is true for actors, musicians, or many people in the entertainment industry. Few people want to work with a total jack ass no matter how talented they might be). Is the same true for somebody that holds the position to make a lot of key decisions for the rest of us?
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I do not think you can find so much as a sentence, much less a whole thread, saying "Palin is a horrible human being." Certainly I would never say that.
                          No, you just find reports on CNN with that title: This Just In - Palin a Horrible Human Being

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            No, you just find reports on CNN with that title: This Just In - Palin a Horrible Human Being
                            Good find. I guess this is a normal hazard of being a politician. I disagree with that assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Well, he's a guy*. And conservative.

*but not Jake from State Farm

Comment

Who in the world would want a proven habitual liar, hypocrite, and all around terrible person to be in a position of power? Such a person is much, much more likely to abuse said power, from breaking promises made simply to get elected, to pushing for laws that benefit themselves/their friends at the expense of everyone else, to all manner of other horrible things a person can do while wielding such political power. No thank you.

Comment