Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Wendy Davis is a horrible human being

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wendy Davis is a horrible human being

I suspect most normal people already figured that, but just in case you weren't sure:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/20/re...l-texas-story/

Davis, a state senator, became famous nationwide after she blocked a bill seeking to place limitations on abortion with an 11-hour filibuster featuring her tale of perseverance and against-all-odds grit.
    Hitler had that too.

The couple married and Wendy Davis was accepted into Harvard Law School. To pay for his wife’s education, Jeff Davis dipped into his 401(k) and took out a loan, the Morning News reported.

Jeff Davis told The Dallas Morning News that his wife, by then a Fort Worth city councilwoman, filed for divorce the day after he made the final payment on her Harvard school loans.

“It was ironic,” he told The Dallas Morning News. “I made the last payment, and it was the next day she left.”
    "Irony" isn't the word you're looking for.

The Morning News article also paints a less than flattering portrait of Davis’s role as wife and mother, something of large concern in the conservative state. Upon divorcing Jeff Davis, Wendy Davis relinquished custody of the couple’s daughter, while agreeing to pay $1,200 a month in child support, The Morning News reported.

And when Jeff Davis filed for divorce, he cited adultery on Wendy Davis’s part, as well as irreconcilable differences, according to The Dallas Morning News article. However, the final court ruling made no mention of infidelity.
    What a wonderful person.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

I'm surprised she kept his last name.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

She is an EXCELLENT role model!!!!!

(of today's Democratic Party! )
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You're a Texan, CP, so tell me: why in the world is she even running? I can't imagine she's looked upon too highly by most Texans.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          You're a Texan, CP, so tell me: why in the world is she even running? I can't imagine she's looked upon too highly by most Texans.
          In my own humble but accurate opinion, the Democrats are DESPERATE to win in Texas (and elsewhere) and they really don't care about SUBSTANCE --- it's all about appearance. She was a nice looking woman who could, at least temporarily, "take a stand" on an issue. The problem, of course, is that she's a scam -- all hat and no cattle.

ETA: I shouldn't have said "Democrats" -- I should have said LIBERALS... we still have a bunch of older Democrats who are honorable people, but simply don't realize (or don't want to admit) that their party has long since abandoned them.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

how the heck did she even become a senator?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              how the heck did she even become a senator?
              She's a Texas State senator from District 10 -- a bunch of pinko commie liberals live there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                She's a Texas State senator from District 10 -- a bunch of pinko commie liberals live there.
                sounds like a great place to hold a cattle stampede.

Comment

Feel sorry for the dude. What a wench.

Comment

Jeff Davis told The Dallas Morning News that his wife, by then a Fort Worth city councilwoman, filed for divorce the day after he made the final payment on her Harvard school loans.
                    And when Jeff Davis filed for divorce,
                    My understanding was that only the person initiating the divorce files for it.
                    "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

She's a real class act.

She has blamed her Republic opponent for being behind the release of information that shows that she has been considerably less than truthful about her past in spite of the fact that the reporter who broke the story has adamantly denied it: On Wendy Davis' bio: How I didn't get that story.

And while leveling the charge Davis said that Greg Abbott (the Republican candidate), who is a paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair since a tree fell on him during a storm in 1984, "hasn’t walked a day in my shoes."

Of course the left has rallied to her defense squalling about a smear campaign and claiming that it's all about sexism. And any and all criticism of Obama is all about racism

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Of course the left has rallied to her defense squalling about a smear campaign and claiming that it's all about sexism. And any and all criticism of Obama is all about racism
                        "In a country where anyone who speaks out against the witches is soon found dangling by his heels from an oak at midnight with his head shrunk to the size of a baseball, we won't see a lot of witch-hunting and we know there's a serious witch problem. In a country where witch-hunting is a stable and lucrative career, and also an amateur pastime enjoyed by millions of hobbyists on the weekend, we know there are no real witches worth a damn."
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

She's a real class act.

She has blamed her Republic opponent for being behind the release of information that shows that she has been considerably less than truthful about her past in spite of the fact that the reporter who broke the story has adamantly denied it: On Wendy Davis' bio: How I didn't get that story.

And while leveling the charge Davis said that Greg Abbott (the Republican candidate), who is a paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair since a tree fell on him during a storm in 1984, "hasn’t walked a day in my shoes."

It has become seemingly impossible to leverage any legitimate criticism of the left. It's all, always, driven by some form of bigotry.

I never knew I was such a hateful person.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

She's a real class act.

Funny how attacks upon Sarah Palin are not deemed sexism, but attacks upon Wendy Davis are. Got to love the double standards.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              It has become seemingly impossible to leverage any legitimate criticism of the left. It's all, always, driven by some form of bigotry.

I never knew I was such a hateful person.
                              We have a lot of anti-Semites on tweb, apparently.

Comment