Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Racist Dress Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racist Dress Code?

Oh the horror! We are just one step from going back to Jim Crow laws!

MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) -

A Minneapolis woman says a sign she found outside Bar Louie in Uptown was shocking, and she's not shy about speaking out on the controversial dress code that has many saying they'll no longer spend money there.

"It's the new Jim Crow being enforced in a colorblind way," Michelle Horovitz told Fox 9 News.

Bar Louie is now enforcing a strict dress code that is enforced every Thursday through Saturday from 9 p.m. to close and bars the following items:

- Flat-billed hats
    - Large chains
    - Sleeveless under shirts
    - Long white T-shirts
    - Athletic apparel
    - Sports jerseys without collars
    - Excessively baggy clothing
    http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...overtly-racist
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

To be fair, it probably really is passive-aggressive white liberal racism/classism.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by darth executor View Post
      to be fair, it probably really is passive-aggressive white liberal racism/classism.
      lol...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Oh the horror! We are just one step from going back to Jim Crow laws!

MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) -

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...overtly-racist
        As a black teenager I am definitely offended by this also.........and my attention span is gone.
        Anyways I see nothing wrong with the list besides some parts like the athletic stuff and other non-"ghetto" stuff.
        Last edited by Cerealman; 07-08-2014, 02:07 PM.
        "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
        "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
        Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Would it have made more sense to have a minimum standard, rather than a list of "don'ts"? In other words, require at least khakis and a collared shirt, for example. I have trouble seeing how something like that would be seen as a problem.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
            As a black teenager I am definitely offended by this also.........and my attention span is gone.
            Anyways I see nothing wrong with the list besides some parts like the athletic stuff and other non-"ghetto" stuff.
            Yes, why does everything have to be couched in racial terms? A lot of white kids in my neighborhood wear the baggy pants, I used the wear the "wife beater" undershirts and I still wear flat caps.

Comment