Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The case for white supremacy: a progressive perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The case for white supremacy: a progressive perspective

So I've been thinking this for a while: white supremacy strikes me as an excellent match with progressivism. If you take a look around the world, the nations that best embody progressive values are inevitably lily white. Scandinavians in particular, the "template" for the aryan master race are the most progressive people in the world. And even at the lowest of the low, like in, say, Russia, the worst white people do these days is ban The Poz from teaching kids about anal lubing.

Around the world progressive values are spit upon every day.

Japan remains as xenophobic and sexist as ever.

Africa is purging The Poz with extreme prejudice these days.

Slavery, which white people have long abolished still thrives with the protection of government powers in places as far as India.

Muslims, one of the biggest darlings of the Progressive movement still engage in slavery, extreme enforcement of gender roles and segregation, racism, religious intolerance, etc.

Even Israelis, between their support for apartheid South Africa and sterilizing blacks, not to mention their oppression of the Palestinian people bear closer resemblance to Nazi Germany than San Francisco.

I think it's pretty obvious that progressivism has only caught on in mostly white countries, and the minorities support it there (but not in their own countries) more for free gibmedats rather than out of genuine principle. If one holds on to progressive moral values, it's hard not to conclude that whites are truly the most virtuous and good of all races.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

The things is it is very difficult to take the moral high ground when in North America and Europe:
    1. The blood of aborted babies continues to cry out by the millions.
    2. Homosexual marriage is embraced. Calls going against this practice are denounced as homophobic hate speech.
    3. When one compares the murder rates with a country like Japan with that of the USA there really isn't any comparison.

Comment

Correlations can be drawn up using race or any number of other things. Cases in point: Uruguay and Cuba.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Correlations can be drawn up using race or any number of other things. Cases in point: Uruguay and Cuba.
        Can you be more specific? What about Uruguay and Cuba?
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
          The things is it is very difficult to take the moral high ground when in North America and Europe:
          1. The blood of aborted babies continues to cry out by the millions.
          2. Homosexual marriage is embraced. Calls going against this practice are denounced as homophobic hate speech.
          3. When one compares the murder rates with a country like Japan with that of the USA there really isn't any comparison.
          I wasn't taking any moral ground, I was simply pointing out that if one believes being progressive is morally righteous then white people are the most righteous people on the planet by a mile. I don't agree with the premise of course, but I'm perplexed that liberals hate white people so much when nobody else really wants to have anything to do with their crap unless they personally benefit.

Also with regards to 3, the US is a multi-racial country (where most murders are committed by blacks, incidentally), not sure comparing it to Japan is the best way to get race specific numbers. Better to compare an European country with little non-white immigration instead.

Comment

"I'm perplexed that liberals hate white people so much "

They don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post

Even Israelis, between their support for apartheid South Africa and sterilizing blacks, not to mention their oppression of the Palestinian people bear closer resemblance to Nazi Germany than San Francisco.
              A few points.

Their relationship with South Africa was more like a case of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. South Africa consistently voted in the U.N. to support Israel. I think it is best regarded as like the Faustian deal we struck with Stalin in our joint opposition to Hitler.

During what was called Operation Solomon, Israel airlifted over 14,000 black Africans out of Ethiopia and over half that number out of the Sudan during Operations Moses and Joshua half a decade earlier. Not exactly the actions of a racist apartheid loving nation.

Arabs living in Israel have the right to full citizenship including the right to vote. Legally they are afforded equal rights and are exempt from mandatory service in the military. A tenth of the members of the Knesset are Israeli Arabs.

True, they definitely face discrimination from the society at large, but it pales (no pun intended) to what African-Americans faced in the U.S. until only the past few decades -- which in many cases was enforced by laws that codified discrimination. This is why the Arab journalist Khaled Abu Toameh told the 2009 United Nations World Conference Against Racism (WCAR -- also known as the Durban Review Conference), that even though things are far from perfect, "Israel is a wonderful place to live and we are happy to be there. Israel is a free and open country. If I were given the choice, I would rather live in Israel as a second class citizen than as a first class citizen in Cairo, Gaza, Amman or Ramallah."

In stark contrast, look at how Jews are treated in Arab countries.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Japan remains as xenophobic and sexist as ever.
                Japanese society as a whole is moving quite quickly to combat both. The cited article itself has reported the response by Japanese citizens to the heckling by members of the government. And the member of parliament - the one who owned up to the offence at least - was made to bow in apology, publicly. That is no small punishment to a Japanese person.
                As for the xenophobia: that will be harder to deal with and slower to overcome. The historical roots of the problem (initially in the 1600s and later, in the 1800s) are not forgotten, particularly with American military actions in Okinawa continuing to rub salt into the wounds.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Can you be more specific? What about Uruguay and Cuba?
                  I cite them as counterexamples to the notion that progressivism has only caught on in predominantly white countries.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I cite them as counterexamples to the notion that progressivism has only caught on in predominantly white countries.
                    Hatred was OK then, provided that it was directed at a perceived "lowlier than us" group. Has there been any substantial change?
                    Seems to me that this "made progress" is little more than a facade: the only real change has been the target(s). People are still being vilified, just the way they were in the past, though instead of picking on race - the "not PC" crowd.
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                    Scripture before Tradition:
                    but that won't prevent others from
                    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Uruguay is 90% white...

Cuba's % of white people is probably similar to the US, though I can't be bothered to check now. I'm also not sure how cuba is more (or just as) liberal than white countries (of which the US isn't as much of one as people seem to think).
                      Last edited by Darth Executor; 07-07-2014, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                        Japanese society as a whole is moving quite quickly to combat both. The cited article itself has reported the response by Japanese citizens to the heckling by members of the government. And the member of parliament - the one who owned up to the offence at least - was made to bow in apology, publicly. That is no small punishment to a Japanese person.
                        He volunteered to apologize. And the fact remains that while Japan may not be Saudi Arabia, it's definitely more sexist than virtually every white country on the planet. No politician here would have the guts to do something like that in the first place.

As for the xenophobia: that will be harder to deal with and slower to overcome. The historical roots of the problem (initially in the 1600s and later, in the 1800s) are not forgotten, particularly with American military actions in Okinawa continuing to rub salt into the wounds.
                        Wait, why is their xenophobia a problem? Thanks to their xenophobia they don't have Mexican machete rapist drug dealers roaming the countryside like the US does, or African muslims burning cars by the thousands like France does, or pakistanis running child prostitution rings like Britain does.

Anyway, getting off topic, I don't have a problem with Japan's culture, on the whole it's probably better than that of most white countries. It's just not all that liberal. I suspect the two are connected.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          A few points.

Their relationship with South Africa was more like a case of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. South Africa consistently voted in the U.N. to support Israel. I think it is best regarded as like the Faustian deal we struck with Stalin in our joint opposition to Hitler.
                          Well yes, in this case "Hitler" was trying to wreck both South Africa and Israel over similar issues.

During what was called Operation Solomon, Israel airlifted over 14,000 black Africans out of Ethiopia and over half that number out of the Sudan during Operations Moses and Joshua half a decade earlier. Not exactly the actions of a racist apartheid loving nation.
                          Plenty of racists fought to free slaves in the US. Being racist does not mean you won't help people in need. It could just mean you expel black refugees, and if you can't expel them you sterilize them, which Israel has done.

Arabs living in Israel have the right to full citizenship including the right to vote. Legally they are afforded equal rights and are exempt from mandatory service in the military. A tenth of the members of the Knesset are Israeli Arabs.

True, they definitely face discrimination from the society at large, but it pales (no pun intended) to what African-Americans faced in the U.S. until only the past few decades -- which in many cases was enforced by laws that codified discrimination. This is why the Arab journalist Khaled Abu Toameh told the 2009 United Nations World Conference Against Racism (WCAR -- also known as the Durban Review Conference), that even though things are far from perfect, "Israel is a wonderful place to live and we are happy to be there. Israel is a free and open country. If I were given the choice, I would rather live in Israel as a second class citizen than as a first class citizen in Cairo, Gaza, Amman or Ramallah."

In stark contrast, look at how Jews are treated in Arab countries.
                          I don't see what this even has to do with my original point, as Arab countries aren't white and are in fact some of the worst offenders, if not being liberal was a crime. Thanks for reinforcing the OP, I guess. Plus, on the whole Israelis are almost white so...

Also, since there seems to be some confusion, I'm not explicitly criticizing any of the people or countries in the OP, I'm just pointing out they're less liberal than white countries and thus if one were to be a liberal it would make a lot of sense to embrace some sort of white supremacy. Indeed, if liberalism is true then whites ARE the Master Race on account of adhering to liberal doctrine more faithfully than any of the other, lesser races. Especially blacks, arabs, pakistanis, etc.
                          Last edited by Darth Executor; 07-07-2014, 05:34 PM.

Comment

What if European and North American countries are not more culturally liberal because they are white, but because that's where the movement started.
                            Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

I don't see what this even has to do with my original point, as Arab countries aren't white and are in fact some of the worst offenders, if not being liberal was a crime. Thanks for reinforcing the OP, I guess. Plus, on the whole Israelis are almost white so...
                              How are you defining race, and how are you categorizing race? Race can be a very slippery designation. I remember as a teenager reading a set of Encyclopedia Britannicas that my parents owned from the early 60s where race was categorized into five unique types: Caucasian, Negro, Asian, American Indian, and Aboriginal. Arabs, at that time, would have most certainly been included in the "Caucasian" racial type. Today, many physiologists have distanced themselves from the concept of "race" in discussing typology because of the amount of overlap between ethnicities and cultures. Do we describe Arabs by religion? By language? By skin color? By cultural traditions? How about "Caucasian"? Do Caucasians include those of Northern Europe as well as North Africa?

Comment