Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Climategate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climategate

I recently ordered from Amazon.com a book titled CLIMATEGATE, because I wished to learn more about the famous CRU (Climate Research Unit) email controversy. However, as I have been reading the book, it has become clear to me that the author is using the term Climategate ― which had been applied to the CRU email controversy ― as a term including the entire AGW campaign; the subtitle of the book is A Veteran Meteorologist Exposes the Global Warming Scam.
    Last edited by John Reece; 08-07-2014, 07:54 PM.

One could just as easily claim that coal and oil companies could make billions by denying AGW. That's the problem with the whole issue--no one knows for sure how much humans are impacting the climate, so those with interests on either side will try extra hard to prove their points while ignoring contradictory ideas.

Here is a counterexample http://scottvalentine.net/yahoo_site....302183828.pdf, claiming it's the climate change skeptics who are at fault.
    Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

As I have said before, when a subject is resolved by political action, science is left behind. When one group of scientists refuses to allow opponents to approach openly, science has been left behind. Skeptics have been silenced in the public arena politically without scientific debate. Thus advocates of AGW are not doing science, but politics.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment