Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More On Rights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More On Rights...

Interesting take from Ron Paul:

On Monday, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby, saying that Obamacare cannot force companies to pay for emergency contraceptive coverage that could lead to abortions if it violates their religious beliefs.

“The claim is that women have a right to free birth control,” Paul explained. “And yet they never talk about the rights of the person that has to provide these demands. But demands and desires and needs can’t become rights, and that’s why we have a society today that, anyone who needs or wants something [says], ‘We have a right to this.’ But they never say, ‘Whose rights must we violate in order to get what we want?’”

“The left never talks about that,” Paul continued. “They only talk about some individual who wants something, and they have a ‘right’ to it, and don’t even bring up the subject of whose rights are going to be violated by providing these services.”
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...have-happened/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Pretty much goes without saying.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      Pretty much goes without saying.
      Not nowadays...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Is he talking about the rights of the fetus? If so, he's just as stupid as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
          Is he talking about the rights of the fetus? If so, he's just as stupid as ever.
          It's obvious who he's talking about to anyone who isn't a murderous mental midget.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

"Be a hero, save a whale. Save a baby, go to jail."
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

So people who think that unborn babies have rights are stupid? Nice.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

If an unborn baby doesn't have the right to life, why should you?

Comment

It is idle for men to talk about rights when you should be talking about duties, as those are the only things that can preserve anything resembling rights.

Comment

Epo, stop saying stuff I agree with.
                    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                      It is idle for men to talk about rights when you should be talking about duties, as those are the only things that can preserve anything resembling rights.
                      I agree, duty comes first: The duty to love God, and the duty to love our fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        So people who think that unborn babies have rights are stupid? Nice.
                        Originally posted by seer View Post
                        If an unborn baby doesn't have the right to life, why should you?
                        I don't think fetuses have rights or should have rights but that wasn't where my objection came from. He thinks that the Hobby Lobby ruling had to do with abortion or that birth control necessarily violates anyone's rights, even the unborn. He seems to have no understanding of the case or the Supreme Court's decision.

Comment

I don't think fetuses have rights or should have rights but that wasn't where my objection came from. He thinks that the Hobby Lobby ruling had to do with abortion or that birth control necessarily violates anyone's rights, even the unborn. He seems to have no understanding of the case or the Supreme Court's decision.
                          Except he was talking about forcing the employer providing the contraception, not the unborn. So actually the problem is that you don't understand what he's saying.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Hobby lobby already provided birth control so that was not the issue at all. They objected to only abortifacients, so abortion was indeed the issue with the Hobby Lobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                              Hobby lobby already provided birth control so that was not the issue at all. They objected to only abortifacients, so abortion was indeed the issue with the Hobby Lobby.
                              This is reported, eg

"The owners of Hobby Lobby, David Green, Barbara Green and several relatives, describe themselves as "committed evangelical Christians", and said their religious beliefs barred them from paying for certain kinds of contraception that they deemed caused abortion." From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/28093756
                              ...but it is not generally given prominence. Thank you for spelling it out.

Comment